Q & A-Important please read below

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Q & A-Important please read below

This was in my "members insider today"

Dear MARK

The Sea Eagles are looking to continue their amazing success from last week as we take on the Tigers in round 20. It's sure to be an exciting clash at Bluetongue stadium this Sunday for the annual 'Family Fun Day'. Bring the kids along for a fun filled day full of activities including face painting, NRL adrenaline obstacle course and more.

The cut off for reserved seat Sea Eagles Gold, Silver Plus and Silver members to reserve tickets for this weekend was last Friday. We do however have limited seats still available in the lower deck so if you would like to attend the game please contact the Sea Eagles head office immediately. An additional supporter bus has been added to depart the Leagues club at 1.15pm. Seats are limited on the bus so you will need to act fast to reserve your spot. See below for more information.

Finally, we're introducing a new weekly online column to give you a chance to have your questions answered by CEO Graham Lowe. 'Ask Lowie' will be posted online each week with a selection of questions asked by you our loyal Sea Eagles members. To be a part of the first ever 'Ask Lowie' column simply email in your question to [email protected].

Vidmar and I have been working very hard to see this happen, you asked for it and now it's available.....feel free to avail yourselves of it BUT don't abuse it as the last thing we want is to lose the access.

Re: Q & A-Important please read below

Well done Mark and Vidmar. I imagine this will please alot of people.

We hope so mate we hope so...let me tell you though as early as this morning Vid and I didn't think this would happen.

I am stoked that we have been able to help to bring this onto the table!!

I think it's important to note that as this was in a members insider email that at this stage only members are being invited to send in questions as per the wording...

"Finally, we're introducing a new weekly online column to give you a chance to have your questions answered by CEO Graham Lowe. 'Ask Lowie' will be posted online each week with a selection of questions asked by you our loyal Sea Eagles members. To be a part of the first ever 'Ask Lowie' column simply email in your question to [email protected]"
(note there is no "." after the .com.au in the email address)

That said, I'm sure there will be a fair bit of commonality in the questions asked by members to those that would be asked by other fans.

Quite correct Vid, and I guess another "membership benefit"....although as you say the questions asked by members will be fairly common. and much of the angst seen here in the last few weeks has in fact been from disaffected  members coming across from MWSE....so I think a good cross section of questions should be asked.

Mark, is this open to football club members (not Leagues Club members) or just ticketed members.

Any Football Club members that are not Sea Eagles (Ticketed members) that would like to pass a question forward please pm me or email me at [email protected] and I'll pass on your questions?

Protocol of course dictates that you give me your name and membership number please?

Mark/Vid - any criteria around what questions can be asked or probably more importantly not asked?

Please o please can the club market this......

Not that I am aware Wheel,just you just send them in and see what happens.

My original suggestion to the SE was that we get questions sent in and then Vid,myself and Dan maybe pick the top 20 to go forward, but this is far more "open", but remember this is a members privilege (as Vid has stated) so those that are not members will just have to hope that those who are ask the right questions.

And remember this isn't a "one off"...it's weekly....whilst I was a fan of Grant Mayer he came on the forum maybe once or twice...so this is a significant step forward....just make sure you use it.

lsz link said:
Please o please can the club market this......
Isz...as Mark mentioned this has been included as part of the "members insider" email that is sent to each club member (assuming of course they have not opted put and that the club has correct email details for them?)

My hope is that if people take this opportunity to open lines of communication with the club that it becomes a permanent and regular offering of membership.

Re Questions Lowey has put no parrameters on the invite so ask away...that said, common sense indicates that there will be some aspects that the club (as with all businesses) would prefer to stay in house eg Asking which players the club are looking at targeting or who they are speaking to in way of sponsorship would be akin to asking the CEO of Commbank which staff they were head hunting or which other businesses they were looking to buy out?

I'm hoping that this is seen as a positive initiative and is treated as such by the members so would encourage all members to put questions to the CEO - we may be surprised on what he is prepared to tell us?

If you choose not (with a mindset of "why should I?, he won't tell me anything..." then that is fine BUT of course that takes away any recourse you may have in future as to being critical of communication to and from the club?

I think it takes guts to open communications like this. So well done for pushing something along these lines and also for the SE management accepting and taking it on at a level even beyond what you were expecting. I am neither pro or agin the idea but do anticipate that the proof of the pudding will be in the answers that are received. I have fired off my first questions.

Correct MB - tried a test mail and got the same result.

I've emailed Sarah to advise so hopefully will be fixed asap

It probably isn't set up yet.

By the way, this is an outstanding step and idea. Members should be very very very happy and thankful that Lowe is reaching out to them like this. Not many CEO's would.  Of course some of the questions will be filtered, but this is still a good thing

Mark from Brisbane link said:

My original suggestion to the SE was that we get questions sent in and then Vid,myself and Dan maybe pick the top 20 to go forward, but this is far more \"open\", but remember this is a members privilege (as Vid has stated) so those that are not members will just have to hope that those who are ask the right questions.
so if its a screaming eagle members privilege
Why are fc members who arent screaming eagles members being offered an avenue to participate thru vidmar. Thats not really fair imo

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184193.msg277071#msg277071 date=1279708724]

My original suggestion to the SE was that we get questions sent in and then Vid,myself and Dan maybe pick the top 20 to go forward, but this is far more \"open\", but remember this is a members privilege (as Vid has stated) so those that are not members will just have to hope that those who are ask the right questions.
Why are fc members who arent screaming eagles members being offered an avenue to participate thru vidmar. Thats not really fair imo
[/quote]

Because Football Club members by subscribing are members of an entity that is a part owner of the club so contribute financially Cam - In reality you'll find that most members of the FC are also Sea Eagles members but if not I make no apologies for looking after people that do their bit financially to protect the heritage of the club

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=184193.msg277230#msg277230 date=1279758562]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=184193.msg277071#msg277071 date=1279708724]

[/quote]

Because Football Club members by subscribing are members of an entity that is a part owner of the club so contribute financially Cam - In reality you'll find that most members of the FC are also Sea Eagles members but if not I make no apologies for looking after people that do their bit financially to protect the heritage of the club
[/quote]sorry mate gonna agree to disagree on that one.
it should be user pays until such time if any the two memberships are combined.

havent returned your call because i only got back from brisbane last night

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6