QLD Cup: Dolphins' too good for Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dan, I did submit this article in the early hours of this morning before I went to bed but it seems to have gone missing as it hasn't yet appeared as an article.

Dolphins' too good for Eagles

Jon Tuxworth | 18th April 2010

A FAMILIAR face returned to haunt the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles yesterday in its gallant 30-24 loss to Redcliffe at Dolphin Oval.

Redcliffe centre Paul Ivan, who has played for the Coast at FOGS Cup level in the past, scored two tries to help extend the Dolphin’s unbeaten start to the season to six matches.

The Sea Eagles led 12-10 thanks to first half tries to Rob Godfrey and Ben Whiddon.

They extended that lead to 18-10 when halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, one of the Eagle’s best, scored an individual try under the posts.

[img=308x400]http://media.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2010/04/17/SSS_18-04-2010_SPORT_04_18c46.IMG1_t325.jpg[/img]

Best: Daly Cherry-Evans

Ivan scored his first in the 47th minute but a barging run from prop Phil Morwood 10 minutes later restored Sunshine Coast’s eight-point buffer at 24-16.

However, the Dolphins scored the final three tries of the game to keep their undefeated record intact.

The Sea Eagles had an opportunity to snatch a deserved draw in the dying seconds when Cherry-Evans gave his side good field position by finding touch from a 20 metre restart, but a grubber kick by the same player for his winger was diffused by the Redcliffe defence.

Sunshine Coast, the defending Queensland Cup premiers, now have a 2-4 record, but will still be confident of launching a realistic title defence.

Their first half was very impressive, completing 17 out of 19 sets and their attack looked slicker than in recent weeks.

“That’s two weeks in a row we haven’t put the back half of the game together, but it’s something we’re working on and I’m sure we’ll get there,” Cherry-Evans said.

REDCLIFFE 30

(Paul Ivan 2, David Hala, Tom Butterfield, Mitch Rivett, Chris Fox tries; Liam Georgetown 3 goals)

SUNSHINE COAST 24

(Rob Godfrey, Ben Whiddon, Daly Cherry-Evans, Phil Morwood tries; Dennis Sandow 4 goals)

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/04/18/dolphins-last-burst-too-good-for-eagles/

It looks like the Sunshine Coast are struggling without Trent H - to me this os good for us as it shows what a quality player he must be to get them to a Grand Final

IMO daly cherry evans was a standout in toyata cup last year,i saw alot og their games and he was going really well IMO he stood out more so than young hoppa,i know its a totally different position he plays etc etc etc...but he looked very good,good to know we have some depth in the halves nowadays,im glad orfords gone and i thank god he didnt sing a 3 year contract with us,looks at how well Foran and Hoddo are going!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6