QLD Cup Round 1, SC Sea Eagles Vs Northern Pride - Result

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Final Score:

Northern Pride 6

Tries:

Mark DALLE COURT

Goals:

Ryan STIG

Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles 16

Tries:

Dennis SANDOW, Darcy LASSICK, Jamie BUHRER

Goals:

Dennis SANDOW 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SC Sea Eagles have started off the season with a Round 1 win tonight against Northern Pride in the Grand Final rematch at Barlow Park in Cairns with Manly imports Darcy LASSICK and Jamie BUHRER scoring a try each.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea at the moment.  I haven't seen any match reports as yet.  As soon as I see any reports on the game I will post them up. :)

Jethro link said:
I have no idea at the moment.  I haven't seen any match reports as yet.  As soon as I see any reports on the game I will post them up. :)

How far away from the home ground are you Jethro? Can you be our eagle eye in the North?

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182612.msg254286#msg254286 date=1268486431]

How far away from the home ground are you Jethro? Can you be our eagle eye in the North?
[/quote]

I might go and see them play Wynnum in round 3 at Kougari Oval in a few weeks. But it's in the week end  prior to when I leave for New Zeland and I hope to have a bit of cash (aka drinking money for it.)

TokyoEagle link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182612.msg254286#msg254286 date=1268486431]

I have no idea at the moment.  I haven't seen any match reports as yet.  As soon as I see any reports on the game I will post them up. :)

[/quote]

I'm at Hervey Bay which is about 220 km away from the SCSE home ground at Stockland Park, Kawana Waters.  There are others who post here who live a lot closer than me so maybe it would be best if they were more the eagle eye in the north however, just like last year, I will still scour the press during the week for articles to post and also post the weekly team list and results (unless somebody else beats me to it).  The only way that I can add a personal touch to any report is if the game is the Saturday afternoon live game on ABC1 QLD.

susan ridgepipe link said:
must have been a solid performance.pride are second favourites behind logan for title.

Yes, it must have been considering how little preparation they had before the game.

The following article was posted in the Sunshine Coast Daily yesterday before the game which outlines just how little preparation time they had:

Eagles aim to repeat success

Steve Zemek | 13th March 2010

SUNSHINE Coast Sea Eagles coach Brandon Costin likens 2009 to a hole in one – he was aiming for the flag, it was just a bit of a surprise when the ball rolled in the hole.

The reigning Queensland Cup premiers will kick off their premiership defence in Cairns tonight against last year’s runners-up, the Northern Pride.

Costin last year appeared unwavering in his belief that his side could take the title in their maiden year.

An unabashed advocate of their feeder relationship with Manly, he boldly declared his charges title contenders.

However, looking back, he now admits even he was taken aback when they became the first side in the 101-year history of Queensland state-wide rugby league competition to become premiers in their debut season.

“It’s like when you get a hole in one,” he said.

“Well, I was actually aiming for the hole. It’s a bit like, ‘oh gee, that was a bit of a shock’. We were aiming for it – it just really went to clockwork.

“We didn’t have any hiccups and that was my big surprise.”

While the Sea Eagles ended last year in a state of euphoria, their start to the season gave them little to celebrate.

After getting off to a sluggish start they roared into contention with five wins in a row mid-season.

Despite last year’s early-season slump, Costin said he was attempting to replicate last year’s preparation to a tee.

“It might sound weird, but I’m actually trying to replicate what we did last year,” he said.

“It doesn’t mean we have to do anything different. We were quite relaxed in our approach, we tried to build up into a season.

“Nothing’s changed because the player’s we’re getting, we don’t know them, we don’t have an affinity with them, we’re not close to them, the same sort of process needs to take place.

“I’m really trying to replicate last year and we’re hoping we’re not going to have as slow a start, but I’m not really saying we’re going to be coming out of the blocks, because we do have so many new players.”

One of Costin’s toughest challenges this year will once again be getting his Sunshine Coast-based players to gel with the side’s rotating contingent of Sydney ring-ins.

The side’s backrow against Cairns will consist of Manly duo Jamie Buhrer and Darcy Lassick.

Both players have had one training run with the Sunshine Coast and that was three weeks ago ahead of their trial against Ipswich.

The side’s entire Manly-based contingent will have a less-than-ideal preparation when they fly into Brisbane this morning before flying to Cairns for a 7pm kick-off.

However, Costin said the side wouldn’t be using that as an excuse.

“I’m not one to make excuses,” Costin said.

“We haven’t had the best preparation. But who cares, we jumped into it last year.

“We’ll just go out there and do our best, really.”

Meanwhile, Pride coach David Maiden has said tonight’s match would be a battle of the backlines after naming a new-look team for the grand final rematch.

“We’re pretty happy and confident the guys we’ve got can do the job,” Maiden told a Cairns newspaper this week.

GAME DAY

NORTHERN PRIDE v SUNSHINE COAST: Barlow Park, Cairns, today, 7pm.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/03/13/eagles-keen-to-repeat-last-seasons-success/

hmm i was looking through the draw and i actually would mind going ot a few of the games if i am able, I didnt  notice untill now but they play 3 games in and around brisbane which im near, i.e nundah, coorparoo and west end all of which are about 10 -15 mins from bris city.

anyone else going to any games?

Sounds like it's all running smoothly up there. I'm a big fan of Darcy and Buehrer, hope they get a run with Manly sometime this year. Might try and get to a SC game this year when I'm up there for Titans or Bronocs manly games. 

I will be at the game this Saturday afternoon (Unless this cyclone moves closer and we start to get crap weather. There is no shelter at Stockland and its very exposed so if the weather is just drizzle I will be there.

I will report on the game when i am back Monday

deadlyeagle link said:
hmm i was looking through the draw and i actually would mind going ot a few of the games if i am able, I didnt  notice untill now but they play 3 games in and around brisbane which im near, i.e nundah, coorparoo and west end all of which are about 10 -15 mins from bris city.

When is there game against Easts Tigers? That's at Carina so just down the road from Cooparoo

eagles2win link said:
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=182612.msg254385#msg254385 date=1268579195]

When is there game against Easts Tigers? That's at Carina so just down the road from Cooparoo
[/quote]

Here is the full draw for the Sunshine coast team

http://www.sunshineseaeagles.com/2010%20Sea%20Eagles%20Draw-1.pdf

the east tigers match at Langlands park is on Saturday 3 July 2:00pm

Jatz, let me know if you are heading down. I am trying to convince Matas to pop down as well.

Given you boys are local it would be worth the effort

Dan

deadlyeagle link said:
[quote author=eagles2win link=topic=182612.msg254411#msg254411 date=1268617065]
[quote author=deadlyeagle link=topic=182612.msg254385#msg254385 date=1268579195]

[/quote]

Here is the full draw for the Sunshine coast team

http://www.sunshineseaeagles.com/2010%20Sea%20Eagles%20Draw-1.pdf

the east tigers match at Langlands park is on Saturday 3 July 2:00pm
[/quote]

That'll be the ABC game if it's at that time slot.

I'll be the good lookin bloke sitting amongst all the bogans

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7