QLD Cup: Sea Eagles to take on Redcliffe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SUNSHINE Coast Sea Eagles prop Phil Morwood has been known as many things in his life: hard man, premiership winner, team leader.

Phil Morwood leaves the Central Comets looking flat-footed.
Cade Mooney

Now he is getting used to the most important tag of all – father.
The 28-year-old and his partner, Christy, welcomed their first child, son Mitchell James, into the world before last weekend’s game against Souths-Logan.
After a few restless nights this week, Morwood said he was quickly getting used to parenthood.
“Christy came home during the week but it hasn’t been bad at all, I’ve been getting some sleep,” he said.
“But I owe it all to her – it’s easy when you’ve got an amazing partner.”
The Sunshine Coast will carry momentum into today’s game against Redcliffe following a gutsy win over the ladder-leader Souths-Logan last week.
The Sea Eagles were dealt a blow prior to that match when captain and halfback Daly-Cherry Evans was ruled out, and then lost forwards Jon Muir and Junior Palau, hooker Cameron Joyce and winger Michael Chapman.
Chapman requires a full knee reconstruction and will be sidelined for the rest of the year, and Joyce is set to miss four to six weeks due to a broken leg.
Morwood said one of the Sea Eagles’ great strengths this year was their depth – allowing the team to overcome their mounting injury toll.
“Our FOGS team has been going real well for the last three or four weeks now,” he said.
“No doubt, Joycey and Chappo were an instrumental part of the team, but I know the guys that step into their place will rise to that next level.”
Despite their woes, Morwood said the win over the Magpies had given the Sea Eagles the kind of self-belief and confidence needed to shoot for a second straight Queensland Cup premiership.
“We’d really like to get on a roll going into the finals,” he said.
“For us it’s more about proving to ourselves that we can do it, more than anything else.
“We’re not even considering finals football at this point in terms of who we’re going to play or how we see ourselves in the finals picture.
“When you have Brandon Costin as a coach, you look at next weekend and focus on the game during that week and then you move on to the weekend after that. That’s the way it is.
“If and when that time comes, then we’ll focus on the finals picture. It’s a completely different kettle of fish.”
 GAME DAY
SUNSHINE COAST v REDCLIFFE
Today, Stockland Park, 2pm

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/07/17/morwood-lauds-depth/

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8