Quantum Energy Holdings in Manly - QTM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
Hi all, as you are well aware Quantum Energy is a publicly listed company whose financial information can be found simply by typing QTM code in asx.

Anyway, just thought I would like to share the public information regarding one of our shareholders. For those that do not like numbers I will keep it simple.

Current Shareholders of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 30 June 2012

Penn Sport Pty Ltd 49.562%
Surfside Manly Football (Quantum) 37.191%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 13.247%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd 0.0% (1 share)
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 1 preference share

QTM:

(end of financial year)

Revenue:
2009: $106.4 M
2010: $79.4 M
2011: $43.7 M
2012: $41.3 M

Net Profit:
2009: $30.3 M
2010: $8.5 M
2011: -$9.9 M
2012: -$3.7 M

Assets / Liability:

2010 - Assets $69M - Liabilities $34M
2011 - Assets $52M - Liabilities $36M
2012 - Assets $30M - Liabilities $20M

Share Price Movements:
Current: $0.011
Highest: $0.42 (10/08/2009)

Positively QTM have managed to reduce long term debt from $12.2 M in 2009 to $3 M in 2012. However ATM appears to have a couple of worrying trends of reduced revenues year on year and worryingly reduced profits as a result. Furthermore, the assets to liabilities spread has also been gradually decreasing over time.

While it is clear there has been an obvious signs to decrease expenses (an uplift in profits in 2012 albeit still negative), this worry is reflected in the share price movements.

deadlyeagle - any idea what the company's turnover and profit forecasts are for 2013 and 2014?

sounds like the profits of the club. It's a very tough time for many businesses at the moment. Still hoping URM can get a slice of us.

Some companies are set up to take advantage of a particular situation, eg the fed and state gov solar bonus schemes. They reap a lot of $$ while the policy is in place then fade out. The owners make a killing while the sun shines. I wouldn't confuse the share price or current performance of the company with the owner's private wealth.

Shoe1 said:
Some companies are set up to take advantage of a particular situation, eg the fed and state gov solar bonus schemes. They reap a lot of $$ while the policy is in place then fade out. The owners make a killing while the sun shines. I wouldn't confuse the share price or current performance of the company with the owner's private wealth.

They may be loaded but I doubt they have put their personal wealth into Manly. The shareholding is an asset held by the company Quantum therefore the future of the shareholding is directly linked to the future of the company.

deadlyeagle said:
Hi all, as you are well aware Quantum Energy is a publicly listed company whose financial information can be found simply by typing QTM code in asx.

Anyway, just thought I would like to share the public information regarding one of our shareholders. For those that do not like numbers I will keep it simple.

Current Shareholders of Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited as at 30 June 2012

Penn Sport Pty Ltd 49.562%
Surfside Manly Football (Quantum) 37.191%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 13.247%
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Ltd 0.0% (1 share)
Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Ltd 1 preference share

QTM:

(end of financial year)

Revenue:
2009: $106.4 M
2010: $79.4 M
2011: $43.7 M
2012: $41.3 M

Net Profit:
2009: $30.3 M
2010: $8.5 M
2011: -$9.9 M
2012: -$3.7 M

Assets / Liability:

2010 - Assets $69M - Liabilities $34M
2011 - Assets $52M - Liabilities $36M
2012 - Assets $30M - Liabilities $20M

Share Price Movements:
Current: $0.011
Highest: $0.42 (10/08/2009)

Positively QTM have managed to reduce long term debt from $12.2 M in 2009 to $3 M in 2012. However ATM appears to have a couple of worrying trends of reduced revenues year on year and worryingly reduced profits as a result. Furthermore, the assets to liabilities spread has also been gradually decreasing over time.

While it is clear there has been an obvious signs to decrease expenses (an uplift in profits in 2012 albeit still negative), this worry is reflected in the share price movements.

All very well but what of the Penn's business.
The biggest loser club has turned out to be just that with Scott travailing over seas alot lately to try and off load it.
Aloha another company of Penn's that is in the toilet.
They have been cutting cost by putting off key staff. (Gosha and others)
They have just had to down size there cabin they owned on the world.(a luxury Cruise liner) I was told they needed the cash.
There property division has taken large hits in resent years with there values being down graded.
Some one should ask Nickie Andronikas (eagles angel)how her business is going with her partners the Penn family. Its gooone shut closed and not trading.

Owning a N R L club could just be bad luck. Ask Max Delmage.

There you go Phil theres enough material for a weeks worth of rubbish articles for you.

Quantum would only need a small amount of growth to start making profit again.

They are linked to the building industry (which i work in) which hit its lowest housing starts in recent times in early 2012 for all states bar Vic which will hit it early this year. Should see a small increase in 2013 followed by a bit more of an increase in 2014 for housing starts. Most companies would have significantly restructured and streamlined such that they should be able to last until the 2014 increase and start making decent profits for their shareholders.

Property sales in 2013 have been stronger early on so the signs are good that the predictions are pretty much right.

Penn's companies would not doubt be following a similar downstream trend from this and again no doubt they have restructured to get through the tougher times of the last few years.

Who needs to read the Australian Financial Review when you gain so much business knowledge on a rugby league fans' site?
Rothfield has no chance of understanding it. He'll need to get the News Ltd business editor to write the story.

Hopefully the news ltd business editor knows more about business than rothfield knows about league. But somehow I doubt it.

Lovefooty

How are the rumours sent your way re Penn and their possible financial position any different to what you accuse Zorba and others of leaking to the tele?

Sure they might not get printed / have as much reach but, for me, it is just as bad

All the participants are big boys, so why dont we presume they can take care of themselves & also assume that we as fans cant be the change agent.

If we do that we can refocus on being fans with the simplistic task of wanting the team & club to prosper.

One way or another, the Penns and Qantum and others will find balance or force change in the not too distant future, im sure. Whatever the result, we remain in support of MWSE.

lsz said:
Lovefooty

How are the rumours sent your way re Penn and their possible financial position any different to what you accuse Zorba and others of leaking to the tele?

Sure they might not get printed / have as much reach but, for me, it is just as bad

Just balancing the debate. There are people that would have us think that qtm are out of money and the Penn's are flying high. Its not the case.
I am not leaking anything, all of this is talked about around manly when Nicky was put out of business.
I did say owning a nrl club is a jinx. Ask Max D Nathen Tinkler Russell crowe News Limited.

Jatz Crackers said:
I bit my tongue the whole way through that thread. Fun.....you betcha.

I just need to go and have dinner, can you make sure they hold off on hijacking the thread til I get back?

Shoe1 said:
Jatz Crackers said:
I bit my tongue the whole way through that thread. Fun.....you betcha.

I just need to go and have dinner, can you make sure they hold off on hijacking the thread til I get back?

Well OK, but its pretty inconvenient of you to ask me such things while my bladder is full. Just sayin.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2