Question: Who discovered the Stewart brothers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Robbo

Just want to know who at Manly is credited with having scouted the Stewart boys and signing them etc

and a message to that person or people: THANKS

My guess would be Mrs Stewart would have been the first to know, followed by Mr Stewart and finally their family Doctor.

I think dessy helped him with scouts knot badge, and tooves with the arts and craft badge. But I guess you have to credit Menzies with the signing, he use to run the calligraphy badge

It wasnt crusty cleal he was off with smithy and fitzgerald back then.
Maglia signed him.

Ian thompson is a bit of an unsung hero, he worked like a dog to keep this club alive and then knew when the right time was to walk to let someone run with it absolute top bloke.

agree with you there cambo, Thommo was a great guy, and held us together at the lowest time. You gotta love prop forwards becoming CEO's, especially one with a seventies FRO

Robbo said:
Is my question that bad?

no I think you just ran into Friday afternoon is all, when everyone is a comedian

Looks like Thommo was responsible by the below article.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/where-eagles-dare-twoforone-deal-dragons-didnt-see-20110930-1l1d1.html

voicefromthehill said:
Daniel said:
Robbo said:
Is my question that bad?

no I think you just ran into Friday afternoon is all, when everyone is a comedian

8 pints of my fav drop makes me funny dammit!!!!

man you are a legend vfth. And Friday night footy has not even started yet. You won't even see kick off. :p
I'm on my way home now to start on number 1. :D

The person in question(i dnt knw who he is :D) was only after Brett really, but They couldn`t have Brett unless they took Glen..
Illawarra would have to take credit for discovering Brett..

Clint said:
voicefromthehill said:
Daniel said:
Robbo said:
Is my question that bad?

8 pints of my fav drop makes me funny dammit!!!!

man you are a legend vfth. And Friday night footy has not even started yet. You won't even see kick off. :p
I'm on my way home now to start on number 1. :D

Crackberberries ate liberating! Don't need to be at desk just answer emails fro
the comfort oh the Belvedere hotel

They went to the Dragons first but they didn't want Glenn & Brett wouldn't play without him.
They then went to the Roosters who said the best they could offer Brett was a wing spot but still no spot for Glenn. It was the Roosters who suggested they talk to Manly.

I don't think the scout can take much credit in finding them. They were pretty much on the radar of every club. We just backed Glenn in when other clubs wouldn't, not sure at the time if we really didn't think he'd make it but thought it was worth it to get Brett, but we did anyway when other clubs didn't.

Sometimes scouts can get too much credit. For example that peanut Peter O'Sullivan who is now at the Roosters. He likes to promote himself as the scount who found Inglis and Folau. Yep, what a genius to take a punt on the kids who were a foot taller, quicker and bigger than anyone else on the field. Whilst they are important, IMO they are only a small piece of the final puzzle, no point in identifying talent unless the club has the right coaching plans/structures and just as important a club culture which helps in their development. If you don't have that you can have the most talented kids in the country and none of them will come good.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6