Quick run down from members forum yesterday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
guys here's a quick rundown from the forum.
I'm sure vidmar will have alot more detail as he was dillegently taking notes beside me.

1) The NRL wants to move towards a fixed Draw of games and are prepared to take a small hit on the next tv rights deal to do so.
There only motivation for doing this is to aplease us the fans.

2) Two refs are here to stay, when questioned about the role of the touchies Finch said he would like to go down the path of having 4 touchies
with two looking at the play the ball watching for things like forward passes out of dummy half and the other two assisting the main ref police the ten metres.

3) Finch also explained the best formula they have come up with for the two referee system, it works like this; the more experience ref sets up the game controlling the first 10 mins of the half then for the next 20 mins of the half both refs control 50/50 before the experienced man takes over the last 10 minutes of the half.

4) Gallop discussed in length the salary cap and reasons why things like Marque players, why theres a cap on 3rd party payments and big discounts for juniors wouldnt work.
His justification was its about keeping a level playing field, an example is if there was no cap on 3rd party payments Brisbane would never lose a player and would be able to stock pile talent. If there were discounts on Juniors clubs like penrith and newcastle would then have cash free to buy players from other clubs as well as keeping the junior stars.

5) Gallop talked further about narrowing the gap between the clubs grant and salary cap, the vibe i took from this is that once we get a better tv rights deap that the grant and the cap would both be increased.

6) Jersey and Merchandise pricing: Paul Kind talked in length about this mention that under the trade practices act the NRL cant dictate to manufcators the price of merchandise. His justification as explained to him by suppliers for our jumpers being more than afl jerseys is the fact we have more material in our jumpers and more sponsorship signage on the jump. The range of cleanskin jumpers (no sponsors) as sold at Best and Less are availble at a much cheaper price and have had a strong sales.
Interesting fact that the biggest retail Seller of NRL merchandise is actually Best and Less and not Rebel sport.

7) The Independant Commision and News Ltd Withdrawal of the game:
It will happen but Gallop doesn't think it will be the huge revolution that some in the media are making out. News Ltd have no equity in the game atm they are basically owners of the storm and have equtity in the broncos. As we know they still hold spots on the NRL partnership board.
The biggest concern over news ltd's withdrawal of the game is the long term survial of the Melbourne Storm (for the record i say let the bastards die) as they lose roughly 6 mil a year.
8) The drive for membership and ticketed membership will continue going forward the NRL have employed the forum Sydney FC membership manager to drive this process.

interesting they think the 2 ref system works, this year was horrible and throwingmore officials at the game is wrong. Call me a purist but I prefer to see the game called by one man mistakes and all, not 50 thousand different people over policing

Cam Hope you told Gallop I think he is an arse clown and the above it typical of he lack of vision that will see the game stagmate for another 5 years

Expect the storm to end up on the central coast as soon as news pull the plug on their $6m pa. 

4 touchies give us a break.  The two existing one do SFA so why do they want another 2? 

Cannot see the fixed draw being implemented as Fox and nine won't have a bar of it.  Imagine a penrith vs Warriors friday night game which would be watched by no-one.

They are already talkig $50m reduction in the Tv rights income to implement it.  Not a small sum so it won't happen.

Looke like Channel 7 are going for the rights - securing Matthew Johns is the first step.  Bidding war coming up hopefully

Ch 7 can sign up Greg Bird and Willie Mason as fellow commentators with johns.

ex Sydney fc for memberships?

Good luck with that one (FC are struggling big time on the membership front)

Gallop should stop denying that News Ltd pulling out of the partnership with the ARL is a big deal. They both have three seats on the Board. Half of the Board! - who are directly involved in the broadcast negotiations as a separate side deal. It may not be a revolution but it sure puts the NRL as administrators/negotiators in a better position.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6