Quiet Off season - more off field trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
This could be very interesting - refused bail

Newcastle Knights' prop Danny Wicks charged with drug-related offences

December 16, 2009 Newcastle Knights rugby league star Danny Wicks has been charged by police on suspicion of drug-related offences.

It is understood he was arrested on Wednesday morning and taken to Belmont Police Station where he's currently assisting police with their inquiries and has been refused bail.

A second man is also being questioned in relation to the same matter.

The Knights NRL club have announced they will hold a press conference at noon.

Newcastle Knights star and cult hero Danny Wicks has been charged by police in relation to alleged drug supply offences

Wouldn't be Roids would it?

NEWCASTLE Knights prop Danny Wicks has been arrested as part of a long-running investigation into an alleged amphetamines ring in Newcastle.

While I was reading the article I thought it would be 'riods.

And in 1997 Robby O'Davis was two inches short of the line.  We was robbed, not that I'm bitter or anything.

No problems here, it's not 'roids so get off the '97 thing.

It's a completely non-footy related incident.

Very silly though. Don't footy players make enough money without having to resort to this kind of thing?

theres a hell of a lot of money in that side of things Duff.

You are right about it being silly though, it sure is.

Only confirms that NRL players don't have to pass an intelligence test to play football.

The only steriods that Wicks would use are the ones in his macdonalds hamburgers.

I got busted for speeding in Grafton - but it looks like Danny and his home-town mates have taken that to a new level.  ;D

I just heard about this on the radio too. There was no mention of Kurtley Beale.

Somehow the Homoball seems to get away with it & League doesn't.

That's the real crime. The bloody editors & media owners went to uni with the blokes who run Union.

Anyway, if you've been for a night out in Newcastle recently you could only agree that they need more people on pingers & less on Bundy up there.

Don't be too hard on poor Wicksy, rumour has it that they may have been Diuretics that his mum was giving to him to lose weight

ManlyBacker link said:
NEWCASTLE Knights prop Danny Wicks has been arrested as part of a long-running investigation into an alleged amphetamines ring in Newcastle.
  They ought to tell the Townsville police how they did it.

ManlyBacker link said:

supplying team mates perhaps

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=182176.msg247581#msg247581 date=1260927319]

supplying team mates perhaps
[/quote]No!  Never.  What would make you thnik that?

Joey Johns, the darling of the NRL, showed them all the way.  News today says that Wicks did supply teammates.  There you go.  My guess is that he'll walk between Newcastle and Sydney, cry a bit, talk about his long running 'depression', be interviewed by Gould and he'll be back in the game by season's kickoff. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4