Quote of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ManlyBacker link said:
If Bazza O'Farrell was like 'the great Sir Robert Askin' then we would just need to pass a brown paper bag to the right people and it would then be called Brookie Palace.
The good old days. Old "Drive over the bastards Askin" Widely recognised as the best Premier money could buy.

Newcastle has had a heap of funding. So has Melbourne (I know that's the Victorian Govt), so has the Gold Coast (Yes QLD Govt).

In fact every single NRL ground has had significant upgrades except for just one, Brookie.

Listen Jono, when the Liberals were in Federally, Costello gave Cronulla millions to upgrade that stinking hellhole.  The Libs were in and could have funnelled millions to Brookvale in the 90s.....but didn't.  Pricks all of them.  I'm not a Liberal voter, but will now look forward to millions of State funding being ploughed into Brookvale and none into Kogarah, Penriff, Souffs, excetra excetra.  You vote for them and I'll hold you personally responsible if we get nothing. 

Ralphie link said:
Newcastle has had a heap of funding. So has Melbourne (I know that's the Victorian Govt), so has the Gold Coast (Yes QLD Govt).

In fact every single NRL ground has had significant upgrades except for just one, Brookie.

Both Labor Governments as well

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297376090[/time]

DSM5 link said:
Listen Jono, when the Liberals were in Federally, Costello gave Cronulla millions to upgrade that stinking hellhole.  The Libs were in and could have funnelled millions to Brookvale in the 90s.....but didn't.  Pricks all of them.  I'm not a Liberal voter, but will now look forward to millions of State funding being ploughed into Brookvale and none into Kogarah, Penriff, Souffs, excetra excetra.  You vote for them and I'll hold you personally responsible if we get nothing. 

You can hold me personally responsible as well as the other 60% of this state that vote them in as well.

Need I also remiind you that when they get in this state will have absolutely no money left. Our only hope is funding from Infrastructure Australia and the possible abolishing of the Pokies Tax for Leagues Clubs (yes, this is on the cards ladies and gentlemen (as long as the Leagues Clubs are funneling the money back into the grass roots, not to themselves))

If i won the lotto, i'd upgrade brooky meself! I'd have a box full of topless waitessses (one way mirror, so the kiddies can't see in) and a Prime parking spot for me Aston Martin!

So if the state has no money, how can they afford to abolish the pokie tax?
Are they going to abolish the social welfare system as well? Maybe create a tax on the poor?

The Labor government has suffered the same fate as Stewy, trial by the Telegraph. Every moron believes it. If you can get ACA & TT to jump on the same cause, it's a done deal. They'll all have someone new to talk about soon.

Fonz link said:
If i won the lotto, i'd upgrade brooky meself! I'd have a box full of topless waitessses (one way mirror, so the kiddies can't see in) and a Prime parking spot for me Aston Martin!

And you would have a sh!tload of new friends too. But dont let yourself be fooled by them.

Its only straight up blokes like me who will buy you a beer, compliment you on how you look and sneakily tell all those waitresses that you have a massive kransky.

Ralphie link said:

tell me about it...  ::)

I think the best way to go and noting the project management skills at Warringah Council (or lack thereof) ,would be to apply for smaller amounts - $2million here, $1.5 million there etc. With the work still being done on the back of the $10 million from Council and Iemma a few years ago, you will have a nice looking ground to build on. Work to come includes some changes to the Hill apparently.
If money is directed into say low cost easy (and easily built) things like new seats around the perimeter, a new perimeter fence with those electronic advertising mountings, a seating concourse in front of the scoreboard and higher raked seats along the front of the Jane Try and Arthurson Stands, similar to what they've done at the SCG recently or they've always had at Parramatta Stadium, you will have the opportunity to sell more season tickets/memberships, more advertising revenue etc.
The naming rights issue Council agreed to - great way to generate money for ground maintenance. The new commercial building along Pittwater Rd - ditto.
We just need the vision at front office to start small and build your way up, like Saints have done at Kogarah over the last decade or so.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2