R10 MANLY NSW CUP V NEWCASTLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
Manly Sea Eagles Vs Newcastle Knights
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, May 18
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Phil Henderson

1. Dom Nasso
2. Michael Chapman
3. Jacob Gagan
4. Esi Tonga
5. Matt Ikuvalu
6. Kasey Greer
7. Jason Seage
8. Ligi Sao
9. Liam Higgins
10. Steve Tavita
11. Nathan Cooper
12. Ben Musolino
13. Dylan Strickland

15. Joe Napolitano
16. James Cunningham
17. Dean McGlinchy
18. Justin Lemalu

COACH: Luke Williamson

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=74568&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-ten

Higgins has been ahead of him of late so he ain't playing first anytime soon

Kind of player that would probably be more effective with great players to capitalise on his style of play..

I've never seen Higgins play, but I think Lawton would prosper in our first grade setup.

I heard Lawton broke his leg so might be out for a long time. I thought Higgins was playing better hence probably why Lawton was coming off the bench. Lawton was providing good spark when he came on.

Here is the Knights team we are playing. Includes Timana Tahu & Chris Houston;

1. Kevin Naiqama
2. Josh Mantellato
3. Peter Mata’utia
4. Timana Tahu
5. Chanel Mata’utia
6. Will Smith
7. Adrian Davis
30. Toka Likiliki
9. Chad Redman
10. Zane Tetevano
11. Chris Houston
12. Rodney Mason
13. Matt Hilder

14. Tyler Randell
16. Mitchell Frei
18. Siuatonga Likiliki
21. Ben Tupou
24. Dylan Smith

COACH: Rick Stone

Chanel No 5! Is that a gee up. Not to mention the prop, take a liki liki. They had to go to number 30 to find a jersey big enough for him!

Bradza said:
Chanel No 5! Is that a gee up. Not to mention the prop, take a liki liki. They had to go to number 30 to find a jersey big enough for him!

Great spotting Bradza, also is Will Smith a joke at 6?

Fairy Bower said:
I heard Lawton broke his leg so might be out for a long time. I thought Higgins was playing better hence probably why Lawton was coming off the bench. Lawton was providing good spark when he came on.

NRL site has him out till round 14 and Chee Kam to rd 13

I was told today that there will be 2 junior league games played before the N S W cup game this week.
This will be great as only playing one game at brooky is a waste.
They are going to put on a b b q . The grades will be under 13s and 15s.
Its great to see the kids playing on the oval.
I was told that Bob Reilly and Dave Perry have been working on it after they attended a game a few Saturdays ago.
Good work guys. I am sure the kids playing will love it. My son is one of them.

Here is the preview of the game from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=74753&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-ten

We are going to really have to front up on Saturday or I do fear another big score in the making. Either Tonga or Gagen will have to mark up on Tahu. No easy task.

Manly Sea Eagles Vs Newcastle Knights
Brookvale Oval, Saturday, May 18
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Summary: The Manly Sea Eagles will be looking to put their best foot forward at home this round as they play host to traditional rivals, the Newcastle Knights. Since registering a great win against the Wolves at Windsor a few weeks ago, the Sea Eagles have lost three straight to Wenty, Cronulla and the Bears, and have been outscored 124-24 in the process. The Sea Eagles started the year brightly and showed signs that perhaps 2013 would be a better year for them and their fans following a few poor seasons in 2011 and 2012, but despite their win over the Wolves, there has not been a lot of evidence of late, that this side can seriously challenge for a top eight spot. The Knights on the other hand are sitting nicely in the top four at present, and it was really only a heavy loss to the Sharks in Round Seven that has blotted their copy book at present. The Knights would have been happy holding the Tigers to just the one try last weekend given their dramas with defence at times this season, and they will be hopeful of a similar performance here against a Manly side that have only averaged 16 points per game in attack in 2013. Tahu, Houston and Redman come into the side for Leilua, Costigan and Adams respectively while for Manly, Esi Tonga returns to the VB NSW Cup after a few weeks in first grade and this will see Dylan Strickland move to lock.

Talking Point: Point to prove – A couple of high profile players will suit up for the Knights this weekend in Timana Tahu and Chris Houston. Knights fans may even argue that one or two more of their NRL team mates could have possibly joined them after conceding 44 unanswered points in the nation’s capital last weekend. Both Neville Costigan and Joey Leilua, who helped the Knights VB NSW Cup side to a two point victory over the Tigers last weekend have replaced them in the NRL for this round, but you would imagine that both Tahu and Houston will be hell bent on forcing their way back into that side sooner rather than later, and a big performance against a Manly side that is conceding 34 points a game should go a long way towards helping their cause.

Prediction: Newcastle should be far too good for Manly. Knights by 18.

Dumb question but is it free entry?

A mate's son will be playing for Narraweena in the U15s game before hand so thinking of heading down to watch both games...

There's usually an entry charge Mals. Can't recall if it's $5 or $10 per adult. They give you a NSW cup magazine as you go in.

Bradza said:
There's usually an entry charge Mals. Can't recall if it's $5 or $10 per adult. They give you a NSW cup magazine as you go in.

Cheers for the info

Manly led the whole game only to concede a dodgy try in the final minute... :(

Manly 18 Knights 22

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4