R15 Sea Eagles vs Rabbits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sea Eagles: 1. Ben Farrar 2. Michael Robertson 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. Tony Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Jason King 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Shane Rodney 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Joe Galuvao 15. Brent Kite 16. Matt Cross 17. George Rose; Reserves: 18. Chris Bailey
Rabbitohs: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Beau Champion 4. Colin Best 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Luke Stuart 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Ben Lowe
Interchange: 14. Garret Crossman 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Dave Tyrell 17. Jason Clark
Referees: Shayne Hayne, Jason Robinson
Touch Judges: Luke Potter, Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

so who is most likely to be the one still under a cloud, Lyon or Watmough.

Bailey can cover both.

Still if we field the team 1 through 17 then that is our strongest line up in several weeks

I wouldn't be surprised if Lyon and or Choc pulled out just before dame time.

Matai will be looking to make amends with some big hits which means running out of the line... I hope he keeps his head on

Rabbits look strong too.  This is a must win game for us.  Matai better keep  his head and Jamie has to play.  We are far from invincible at the 'fortress', so this match is a concern.  Manly to squeak a win, by 2.

yeah that team would win for sure.. bench is really strong...the fact lyon & matai are back ,and we are at home helps us greatly..

byso link said:
At Brookie we are specials.............. or are we?

lol byso i know what you mean... i`d rather brookie than blue tongue..though lol..

Dont worry about our backs, If our forwards dont turn up we will get belted.

Look for the Bunnies forwards to come out hard after being belted by the Broncos.

Hopefully Burgess will be tired and disorientated after the flight, Taylor will be tired and sore from Wednesday and Luke will be off his game.  Those three make up their attacking force.  Nullify those three and you have the Rabbits.   

The Adjudicator says: "Win or lose I reckon at least one of these teams is going to be chased by short-changed punters come season's end. The inability of the Sea Eagles and Rabbitohs to make good on 'form' will be sure to decide more than one tipping comp in 2010. It seems wrong that Manly are still a top-four side given the way they go about losing these days. And with the Rabbitohs most likely to strike only when everyone has gone off them, put me down for a Sea Eagles half-time lead and a South Sydney full-time decision."

Agree/disagree with The Adjudicator? Tell him, in 100 words or fewer, why your team will win this match. Email The Adjudicator , including your full name and where you're from.

LATEST COMMENTS FROM FANS
The Missing Hairline from Wollongong says: "Mr A - I'm at a loss the mighty Sea Eagles have not got the backup firepower when Rep time comes around on top of injuries and suspensions, that is obvious from our previous results - everyone, mainly Bunnie supportors use this as excuse for their last weeks loss ( I should say flogging) anyway what about Robbo, he got a breakaway last week and was run down in a milli second ,a few years ago he would have scored under the post, now he must be in the same boat as Luke Covell one of the slowest wingers around and Gorgeus George - pleeeease get off the Big Macs - what I'm saying is I don't believe we are as fit as we were two years ago thats why we get run down each week after leading by a mile - come on Dezzy hit those Sand Hills - And on Sandow he may have a big heart but the heart doesn't stop 100 kilo monster running at you - Manly by 2 after leading by 26 at the break."

Geoff of Summer Bay says: Mr A, Manly are no longer a top-four team. We are sixth, equal on 16 points with four other teams and with Melbourne not counted. The recent changes to our team have reeked havoc on our performance. This is a crunch game for us. Let's hope Souths' returning representative Rabbits are tired and/or jet-lagged. If we can't lift at home for this one, then predictions - in this newspaper - that we will finish seventh will be pretty good. Manly to lift at home.

Bunnies Tragic says: After sitting in the Burrow at Suncorp and watching the big Broncs roll through our undersized middle for 80 minutes we bunnies are ready for an instant retort. We dislike Manly with real passion and when we shore up our middle with Taylor, Burgess and Luke we will be a completely different team. Everyone is having a crack at Sandow but geez he showed some guts when he was isolated time and time again in defense.. the little bloke never took a backward step! If Manly attempt to run at him this week he will have Burgess one side and Luke the other... this means carnage for the Eagles. An angry bunnies outfit on the rampage will make amends for the early season loss. Bunnies by 20.. bank on it!

Mille says: Half of Souths losses to date have been embarrassing. Their overhyped players show no desire to apply themselves when they confront an adversary that is not willing to roll over to reputations.One of these losses was to Manly - disregard the final score. The Sea Eagles have mostly beaten themselves and with some of their strike players returning they wil run over Souths who clearly lack the mental fortitude,application and fit forwards to compete with the good teams. It is unclear why Souths are persisting with Asotasi when he is clearly not over his injuries .He is ineffective in attack and no longer intimidates in defence .Souths should take a leaf out of the Broncos books and give the young blokes a go instead of trying to resurrect players that have retired from the big stage.

Peter Galea says: Hello Mr A, as a long time Manly supporter I see the writing on the wall. The young halves pairing who did so well early are now struggling, the team has not been the same for the past four weeks, and we are short of a spark in attack. I suspect Manly will limp into the eight on the back of a pretty soft draw from rounds 16-26 and the fact that the teams below them are even more woeful. But for this game I think the Rabbits will have too much attack for the Eagles even at Brookie. Souths 1-12.

Laurie Daley's round 15 preview

Manly v South Sydney, Brookvale Oval, Saturday 7.30pm (EST)
The Rabbitohs will be hurting after last week but they get Sam Burgess and a couple of other back. John Sutton and Chris Sandow have a lot to prove because last week they went back to a few bad habits, their kicking game was poor and that is something they will want to improve. At the moment Manly are lacking rhythm and have a few too many injuries. When they are fit and have everyone back they will push for the title but at this stage there’s just too many problems. Souths had a hiccup last week but will win this through their forwards. It will be a physical clash because both play a physical brand. But with Burgess and Dave Taylor back Souths will have too much go forward and should get the money.

Forget the fact these two teams lost last weekend – this shapes as an almighty clash, probably the match of the round, so if you are anywhere near Brookvale Oval on Saturday night you should drop in and witness history.

After battling without their stars last week, both teams return to near full strength and have little excuse not to put in a physical and entertaining performance.

The Sea Eagles dropped to sixth on the ladder after the loss to the Gold Coast while the Rabbitohs fell to fifth following their heavy loss to Brisbane.

But both are on 16 competition points, along with three other teams, making this match even more vital. With two more sides on 14 points, a loss here could see either side fall out of the top eight altogether.

Both sides have forwards who like it rough but add skill to their repertoire, leaving their outside backs salivating for chances to get the crowd on their feet.

The home-side Sea Eagles welcome centres Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon back to the side at the expense of Dean Whare and William Hopoate, with Tony Williams moving to the wing.

Anthony Watmough returns to the back row, which sees Joe Galuvao return to the bench and Jamie Buhrer out. Chris Bailey has been added as an 18th man.
Former Test and Origin prop Brent Kite is celebrating his 200th first grade game.

In the Rabbitohs’ burrow, hooker Issac Luke returns from his one-game suspension in place of Beau Falloon.

The side also has Sam Burgess back from international duty, and hopefully Dave Taylor back from Origin duty to play in the second row, pushing Dave Tyrrell and Jason Clark to the bench.

Shannon McPherson also returns to the reserves list, leaving Jamie Simpson, Luke Capewell and veteran new buy Craig Stapleton to miss out.

Watch out Sea Eagles: South Sydney are super dangerous out of dummy-half and Issac Luke has plenty to prove after being forced to sit out last week’s loss.

With 11 line-breaks from dummy-half the side is by far the most prolific in the NRL and they also have the most tries from the play-the-ball with six for the year.

The Sea Eagles have conceded four tries from dummy-half this year, which actually makes them the fifth worst team in the competition in the statistic.

Watch out Rabbitohs: The Sea Eagles are the second most prolific try-scorers from kicks in the competition and they are coming up against the Rabbitohs who are the second worst side in the competition at conceding tries from kicks.

Manly have scored 14 tries from the boot this year, the same amount the Bunnies have let get by them.

Statistically speaking, this means we are every chance to see at least one Manly try come from a kick in this game. Steve Matai will be the main target and both Kieran Foran and new Bulldogs signing Trent Hodkinson both have been good providers so far.

Where it will be won: Defence is going to be the key here and with this knowledge perhaps the Sea Eagles are in the box seat. The Rabbitohs have scored the most points over the past month (120) yet conceded the second most points (102) in a sign they aren’t muscling up.

Of course, half of those points came last weekend when they were under strength but the side still had its backline intact and couldn’t close the baby Broncos down.

Rabbitohs halfback Chris Sandow is still a defensive liability, having missed 71 tackles. He is effective on just 71.5 per cent of his attempted tackles. Other players in the 70s and struggling are Colin Best (76.9), Beau Champion (73.7), Issac Luke (78.3), Nathan Merritt (77.2), Fetuli Talanoa (73.5) and Dave Taylor (78.6). Fullback Rhys Wesser is at 68.9 per cent.

Sea Eagles in the 70s defensively are Kieran Foran (78.9), Steve Matai (75.9) and Tony Williams (70.9) while Michael Robertson is at (67.9) and Ben Farrar is at 58.1 per cent.

The history: Played 124; Sea Eagles 68, Rabbitohs 56. The Sea Eagles have won five of the past eight games between the clubs, including a 30-22 victory earlier this season.

At Brookvale Oval the Sea Eagles hold a 30-20 advantage from the 50 games previously played there; however the Rabbitohs won the last game at the venue 36-22 in 2009.
The Sea Eagles haven’t lost three consecutive games at Brookvale since 2005.

Conclusion: Last week’s form can basically get tossed out the window. The home side will start favourites but this could easily go either way.

Both sides will need to show some composure and set up a victory through a solid platform and aggressive defence.

If both sides play to their potential for 80 minutes this could be one of the games of the year.

Match officials: Referees – Shayne Hayne & Jason Robinson; Sideline Officials – Jeff Younis & Luke Potter; Video Ref – Paul Simpkins.

our forwards will do well if they run at chris sandow & Issac luke..the pair of them are 1&2 in the top ten list for most missed tackles this season..
SANDOW-71
LUKE-56
suprisingly.. we havent any player in that top ten list..
;)

Sadly, I have no confidence about this game unless both Jamie & Choc are "fit" and play well, otherwise I think we'll have a Gold Coast result this week and also against Penrith next week.

Our forwards desperately need to aim up, or we will get trampled.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4