R22 MANLY NSW CUP V NEWTOWN JETS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fairy Bower

Reserve Grader
Newtown Jets Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Henson Park, Saturday, August 10
Kick-off: 3.00pm

Referee: Phil Henderson
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

1. Clint Gutherson
2. Ben Farrar
3. Peta Hiku
4. Troy Savage
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Dane Chisholm
7. Zac Nicholls
8. Jesse Sene-Lefao
9. Liam Higgins
10. Justin Lemalu
11. James Hasson
12. Michael Chee Kam
13. Nick Skinner

Interchange
14. Kayse Greer
15. Dylan Strickland
16. Ben Musolino
17. James Cunningham

NEWTOWN TEAM

1. Henare Wells
2. Adam Henry
3. Yileen Gordon
16. Ivan Penehe
23. Pierce Sapsford
6. Ben Jones
7. Ryley Jacks
8. Ray Moujalli
9. Kurt Kara
10. Josh Ailaomai
11. Ryan Verlinden
12. Brad Barrett
13. Tinirau Arona ©

14. Andrew Pearn
17. Saulala Houma
18. Nafe Seluini
20. Khalid Deeb
26. Paul Rokolati

COACH: Greg Matterson

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=81110&title=vb-nsw-cup-team-lists---round-twenty-two

Sao charged with grade 3 striking. Took early guilty plea and is out for 2 weeks. Seage has left the club as has Esi Tonga.

Sao - NSWRL twitter
Seage - his FB, has signed with ARU rugby 7s and is currently training with them
Tonga - some players told me. Is not playing for anyone

Looks like Liam Foran is back with us. I expect to see him running around at Henson Park on Saturday. This from Manly Sea Eagles Twitter;

@manlyseaeagles
Welcome back to @liamforan7, who popped in to say hi and have a quick run with the boys! #snork #gomanly pic.twitter.com/K7pf0zQaSe

Attachments

• foran.jpg
    foran.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 13
Apart from Yileen Gordon I've not heard of any of the other Newtown players, but they are a good team, aren't they?
What are our chances FB?

Fairy Bower said:
Looks like Liam Foran is back with us. I expect to see him running around at Henson Park on Saturday. This from Manly Sea Eagles Twitter;

@manlyseaeagles
Welcome back to @liamforan7, who popped in to say hi and have a quick run with the boys! #snork #gomanly pic.twitter.com/K7pf0zQaSe

So no 30 June rule for Nsw cup? Great if there's not.

The Who said:
Apart from Yileen Gordon I've not heard of any of the other Newtown players, but they are a good team, aren't they?
What are our chances FB?

I'm not sure. They flogged us 4 months ago at Brookie and we had arguably a stronger team back then with Rose, Gower, Seage, Tonga & Sao all playing in that game but not playing in this one. The Jets are missing around 6 players from that game as well so I think they are probably weaker for this game. Hmm....toss a coin!

Preview of the game from http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=81211&title=vb-nsw-cup-previews---round-twenty-two

Newtown Jets Vs Manly Sea Eagles
Henson Park, Saturday, August 10
Kick-off: 3.00pm
Referee: Phil Henderson
Broadcast: Radio Coverage courtesy of Steele Sports Radio (Link available via the www.nswrl.com.au Broadcast page)

Summary: Another important game in terms of the makeup of the top eight here with the Newtown Jets looking to keep their spot in the top four while Manly must just keep winning if they are to have any hope of an unlikely finals berth. Given Manly’s poor for and against, it is looking more and more likely that they will not be participating in September, but if they are to have any hope, it is probably likely that they will need to win at least four of their final five clashes. This challenge looks a bridge too far however for the boys from Brookie when you consider they play all of the current top four sides during that stretch. The Jets run home on the other hand looks extremely inviting with only their clash next week against the Knights up in Newcastle looming as a potential loss. The Jets will be desperate to secure a top four finish and the second chance that this position secures, and with the likes of Michael Oldfield, Jack Bosden and Kane Evans all returning in the coming weeks, Jets fans will start to dream about going back to back.

Talking Point: Unsung heroes – The Jets of 2013 have a totally different look about them than the Premiership winning side of 2012. In recent weeks there have been a large number of players filtering up from the Ron Massey Cup via the Jets association with Cabramatta, and to a man they have been getting the job done. Gone is Daniel Tupou, Daniel Mortimer and Justin Carney and in has come Henare Wells, Ryley Jacks and Paul Rokolati. On paper, one might think that this year’s squad is not as strong as last year’s yet here we are with the Jets set to finish in the top four while last year’s team was scrambling to secure a position in the bottom half of the eight. Now history will tell us that with a Littlejohn penalty against the Cutters in Round 25, the Jets secured their place in the finals and went on to claim the Premiership, and while only time will tell us if this group can replicate that ultimate success, their season to this point has been a great one and most of the praise should be heaped upon their coach… Well done Matto. We look forward to seeing what the next couple of months brings for you and your players.

Prediction: The Jets can’t afford to drop these points if they have hopes of a top four finish. Jets by 12.

It was like a Toyota Cup game as we lost 50-32. We were good with the ball but absolute crap in D. Best were Chisholm, Hiku, Sene-Lefao & Skinner.
Hasson did not play.

Jets 50(Wells 3, Jones 2, Deeb, Sapsford, Jacks, Henry tries; Jacks 7g) Manly 32(Strickland, Farrar, Chee Kam, Chisolm, Gagan Savage tries; Chisolm 4g)

Just when you thought there was life in the old SE, it dives again. No Hasson, Trbojevic or Sao, I guess weakens the forwards. How did Chee-Kam and Gutherson go. Seems they are still a year off first grade yet. Thanks again for the report FB

did Liam play? And with Berryman, Andrews, Starling and possibly Lui and Cheyse Blair coming I think our reserves will be stronger next year

The Wheel said:
We say that every year............

Difference is that we should have a fairly stable 1st grade squad next year. It wasn't that long ago that our reserves consistently made the finals.

Manly To Win! said:
did Liam play? And with Berryman, Andrews, Starling and possibly Lui and Cheyse Blair coming I think our reserves will be stronger next year

I thought that we bought these blokes to play first grade?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8