Rabbitohs offer short-term memberships to fans of other clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Rabbitohs offer short-term memberships to fans of other clubs

Buoyed by a fan base made up primarily of other team’s supporters, the South Sydney Rabbitohs today announced plans to capitalise on Sunday night’s grand final success by releasing a new seven-day membership package for anyone who is already a member of another club.
Inspired by their rags to riches story and their absence from grand finals for forty-three years, many rugby league fans temporarily turned their backs on the teams they had supported for years and threw their support behind Souths as they surged to a grand final win over the Canterbury Bulldogs.

“We always think of our fans, even those who were booing us only weeks before,” Souths CEO Shane Richardson told journalists. “It’s heartening to know that with the NRL and News Ltd’s support we could convince rugby league fans across the country to support the club, even if it was only for a few days.

“With that said, we hope these temporary fans will become temporary Rabbitohs members this week so that they can say with a straight face that yes, their team won the grand final.”

The new package, which will be know as the ‘Glory, Glory Hunters’ membership, will only be available to those who are already members of other NRL clubs, and includes the following:

Membership card
Souths lanyard
Discounted merchandise
A chance to swap your existing club jersey for the famous 2002 Rabbitohs “TV Week” strip
The packages cost $30 for adults and $10 for children, and expire on October 15, 2014.
Richardson said Souths legend George Piggins, who famously made up with the club last week after years of animosity over its sale to Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes à Court in 2006, would be the first person to receive the membership.

“If anyone typifies the fly-by-night support we’ve experienced in the last couple of weeks, it’s George,” Richardson said. “It’s exciting that we can offer the first seven-day membership to him and I hope he enjoys the experience.”

Other clubs were reportedly interested in the membership model, with Wests Tigers and Cronulla Sharks considering week-by-week packages to be sold after each win.

You know where this is going to lead. The week before teams play manly clubs will be offering 7 day memberships. We should jump on this bandwagon early before it becomes all about us

Well, that'll do me.

Would another supporter really take up a package?

Imagine the ridicule if we offered the same after the 2008 grand final?

The most amazing and i think disrespectful part of that article is calling George Piggins a fly-by-night supporter!

That guy saved them and now he's grouped with the blow-ins!

Wow..

7 more days is about how long most of their 35,000 real members will probably care before they turn their attention to something else.

Nope - I’m awaiting for the Cronulla to offer a similar membership. Is that 47 years or will it be 48 years in the waiting !!!

what's the nrl and news ltd support he speaks of?

s'funny how he's all gushing about news ltd.

This is up there with the most arrogant and distasteful thing I've heard nrl ceo wise.

arrogant ****ing asshole nob head cheese eatin turdburgling PELICANS!

It's not April Fool's Day.....or is it?!!

Ah, I've just figured it - it's a full moon!

Is this support from the same Same News Ltd that got them kicked of the NRL.

Tempted to pay the 30 bucks to use the lanyard to wipe my arse. May be uncomfortable, but screw it, ****z, ****z, ****z at the end of the day,

I can't believe how many of you have taken this hook, line and sinker. Didn't you notice there was no credits and the dig about Piggins would never have been made..........It's a monumental gee up.

Ralphie said:
I can't believe how many of you have taken this hook, line and sinker. Didn't you notice there was no credits and the dig about Piggins would never have been made..........It's a monumental gee up.

OH FRIGGEN NOES!!!!!!

I forgot to wait for the 'official' tag!

I'm deleting all my other posts in this thread so I can pretend I knew all along!!!!

:blush::blush::blush::blush::angel::cool::D

edit: Damn you BE (and the others you told but didn't let on!)

So given every non Manly fan says "I follow [my team] plus whoever is playing Manly this week" maybe Manly can sell an "anti Manly membership 2015". Probably sell more than real Manly memberships!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4