Raiders looking at Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
As a potential Milford replacement.

Though the Tele today states we have him signed till the end of 2015

Take it with a grain of salt but hopefully we don't lose him

With the salary cap. it really makes you wonder what's the point of nurturing young talent.

Players come and go and there is one thing we all know
The mighty Sea eagles always triumph !!! :)

Live on the northern beaches and be coached by Tooves and play with Matai, Lyon, DCE, Foran etc

Or

Live in Canberra, be coached by Ricky Stuart (lol) and play with... Um... Campese

Gee... Looks like we'll lose him.

bones said:
Live on the northern beaches and be coached by Tooves and play with Matai, Lyon, DCE, Foran etc

Or

Live in Canberra, be coached by Ricky Stuart (lol) and play with... Um... Campese

Money talks, unfortunately, look at Hoppa and Lussick!

anthonyb1965 said:
bones said:

Or

Menzies, Matai, Hiku.

go away Ricky! @bones makes a good point.

really wish they'd hurry up and resign Ferris :| de ja vu' Glenn's situation, here's another player opnely saying he wants to stay and resign but no offer seems to be forthcoming. get it done

Budgewoi Eagle said:
With the salary cap. it really makes you wonder what's the point of nurturing young talent.

Manly have benefited from the Eels Nursery too.

So, let it all play out. Nothing erodes the Manly Culture :)

bones said:
anthonyb1965 said:
bones said:

Or

Menzies, Matai, Hiku.

Bozo

Had a laugh yesterday when reading a thread on the League Unlimited forum. Some Chooks fan was having a go at a Manly fan over something, using Manly 'stealing' Bob Fulton from them to coach us in 1983 as an example. WE stole him from Easts.....apparently Fulton didn't exist before 1977 LOL

I hope we do have Gutho til the end of next year, and that we can keep him, of course.

I believe he, and guys like Jake and Tom T, are twice as valuable to us because their locals.

But desperate clubs - eg. the Raiders - will always throw monopoly money around when needed.

The Eels set the recent precedent with Hoppa, and that unfortunately does look like it's working out for them.

Stands to reason other clubs will try to do the same.

These quality kids are not a dime a dozen and, whilst I wouldn't pay way overs, I would look after them, and back their talent AND judgement in!

Here's hoping.

He can kiss his career goodbye if he goes to the Raiders - he'd want to be a superstar to try and succeed with that lot. Hope his first contract sets him up for life...it may need to.

Other than Parra - no club in the past decade has had more good players 'wither on the vine' than the Raiders.

Yeah that's a team everyone is breaking their necks to get to.

If was the Gold Coast, Roosters, Souths or Broncos Id worry.

The problem with trying to keep our juniors is, how long are they willing to wait on the lower grades, when all our senior players are extending their contracts.

I thought Jake T would of been in first grade this year.

Canberra has a heap of young talent. It is always strong in the lower grades. But all that 'promise' has amounted to zinch. Clint is signed until the end of 2015. Who will be Canberra's coach by then - Bill Shorten, perhaps? As previously stated, if this was one of the 'serious' clubs we might have something to worry about. But the Faders? No.

anthonyb1965 said:
bones said:

Or

Agree Anthony, and Player's Managers can't bank a percentage of loyalty or winning culture either.:s

anthonyb1965 said:
bones said:

Or

Lussick is no world beater and parra paid way more than he is worth.

Gee I wonder if the source is Canberra (unlikely ) or his manager Looking to start contract extensions early (very likely)

tookey said:
anthonyb1965 said:
bones said:

Or

Lussick is no world beater and parra paid way more than he is worth.

agreed he is somewhere between journeyman and reasonable first grader.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4