Ranking fullbacks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Alan

Reserve Grader
Obviously difficult. But here is a start.

Level one. Billy Slater, Greg Ingliss, Brett Stewart

Level two. Darius Boyd, Sam Tomkins, Anthony Minichiello,
Josh Morris, Ben Barba, Jared Haynes, James Tedesco
Josh Dugan, A Milford

Level Three Kevin Locke, Peta Hiku, Sam Perrett, Michael Gordon
Matt Moylan, David Mead.

Alan said:
Obviously difficult. But here is a start.
Level one. Billy Slater, Greg Ingliss, Brett Stewart
Level two. Darius Boyd, Sam Tomkins, Anthony Minichiello,
Josh Morris, Ben Barba, Jared Haynes, James Tedesco
Josh Dugan, A Milford
Level Three Kevin Locke, Peta Hiku, Sam Perrett, Michael Gordon
Matt Moylan, David Mead.
If this is based on 'current form' i just cant see how we can have Slater in Level One. It should be Boyd, Tedesco, Inglis and based on 40 mins of footy before injury; B Stewart.

Surely Slater is significantly slower these days. Looking sloppy to me, and just as grubby as always.
But a very fun topic Alan, you'll get heaps of views and posts.

Level one:
Billy Slater, Greg Ingliss, Brett Stewart, Jared Haynes, Anthony Minichiello

Level two:
Darius Boyd, Sam Tomkins, Josh Morris, Josh Dugan, James Tedesco

Level Three:
Kevin Locke, Peta Hiku, Sam Perrett, Michael Gordon,
Matt Moylan, David Mead, Ben Barba, A Milford

EagleFromMay1967 said:
If this is based on 'current form' i just cant see how we can have Slater in Level One. It should be Boyd, Tedesco, Inglis and based on 40 mins of footy before injury; B Stewart.

Surely Slater is significantly slower these days. Looking sloppy to me, and just as grubby as always.
But a very fun topic Alan, you'll get heaps of views and posts.

Agreed, but the other consideration is potential which may in future raise Barba, Tedesco and Milford to Level one.

Snake is the best. He has the fastest hands and reads the game better than the others. Injury aside, his standing in the game would have been greater than Slater, but those two horror years where he injured his knees really slowed him down at his absolute peak.

My honest opinion of Slater is that he is a good broken field runner, but the 1% plays have always been a weakness for him; they go unnoticed because he is such an attacking threat.

No doubt Mini was in the top brass a few years ago. He's level 3 at best now.

Hayne? level 3 for Club, level 1 for NSW. He's a strange one that boy.

Snake and Inglis are the current stand-outs, with Slater dropping off a little in the same way Mini (and dare I say, Snake will too) has dropped off with age.

Snake reads the game so well that even if he loses speed and strength he will still be up there with the best!

Michael Morgan / Lachlan Coote ??

Top shelf is Stewart, Inglis and Slater. They've done it year in year out and are rep quality players. Slater not quite as good defensively as the other two and prone to more errors, but maybe a shade ahead in attack.

Then next level you have Hayne and Dugan, mercurial though they are.

The young guns of Milford, Barba, Tedesco and Moylan all look exciting prospects but till they prove themselves over a number of seasons and show they have the defensive capability to go with their attack, then they are works in progress.

The rest* are all solid NRL players.

* haven't seen enough of Tomkins to have a firm opinion.
* Coote needs a solid season without injury as a fullback before I can judge.

Let's be honest Brett's value to Manly is far more than either Slater or Inglis could bring to our club, but he has been and still is a class below them.

Funny how some are potting Mini but want to hold Brett in the top bracket. Both fine players but both are coming back to the field these days.

bob dylan said:
Let's be honest Brett's value to Manly is far more than either Slater or Inglis could bring to our club, but he has been and still is a class below them.
Funny how some are potting Mini but want to hold Brett in the top bracket. Both fine players but both are coming back to the field these days.

Four consecutive rounds of injury free Snake, and all of us, and you yourself, will have forgotten those remarks.

No way is Snake a class below those players...it's just that injuries have cruelled his chances of playing Origin and International football in the same manner that Slater and Inglis have.

Snake has won more premierships than the Slater and Inglis as well!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8