Rant: Against Broncos

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I'm sure every non-Brisbane fan is angry about their preferential scheduling treatment. No more than me. But has anybody considered how little they do to promote RL in areas of Qld other than Brisbane?
It took the Dogs to take a home match to Mackay. That must be applauded. Other Sydney clubs, like Manly, take matches intra and interstate.

Not Brisbane. They just copy every Friday night match at Suncorp and reap in the $. They are so financially bloated that they should win the comp every year. Really, they under perform.

If the Independent Commission is what its name says then they must make the competition less slanted towards Brisbane. It can start by dictating the schedule to the winning broadcaster, not the way it is now.

100 % agree with you, Broncos have this big advantage over other teams. The IC need to sort this out, every team needs to be on FTA a certain amount of times a year and the most popular FTA teams must have a cap on the amount of times they can appear. This was done EPL back around 2000 when I lived in UK with games other than Sat day 3pm time slot and needs to be done in NRL next year to even out the unfair advantages some teams have(especially Broncos but others too) with scheduling and sponsorships and turnarounds

Imagine how many more subscribers Foxtel would get in QLD if they weren't on free to air every Friday night.

I friggin hate the Bronco's.

Totally agree.

And fundamental to the leg-up the Broncos get is the total ownership they have of the second largest Rugby League stronghold in the world.

Brisbane should have three teams, not one. And without News Ltd ownership of the Broncos, this ridiculous imbalance would have been fixed many years ago.

One thing you have to remember is that the broncos are publicly listed and answer to their share holders. If you can't convince them that taking a game away from Suncorp would be financially viable, then it won't happen

Another example of the cancerous growth on RL that was News Limited.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6