Rant-the great 'pall" over Australian sport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw an article somewhere a couple of days ago advocating an end to the hysteria surrounding PEDs. The arguments included that testing would never be able to catch all users, and also that all use was not harmful. It gave the example of using some substance to speed up recovery from injury simply to get someone back into their sport.

The suggestion was to change the focus of the discussion of this issue to the safety aspect, with respect to the health of persons who were using PEDs, rather than simply saying any example of using any quantity of them is reprehensible and requires long term banning.

Can't think where I saw it otherwise I'd post the link.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I saw an article somewhere a couple of days ago advocating an end to the hysteria surrounding PEDs. The arguments included that testing would never be able to catch all users, and also that all use was not harmful. It gave the example of using some substance to speed up recovery from injury simply to get someone back into their sport.

The suggestion was to change the focus of the discussion of this issue to the safety aspect, with respect to the health of persons who were using PEDs, rather than simply saying any example of using any quantity of them is reprehensible and requires long term banning.

Can't think where I saw it otherwise I'd post the link.

Interesting. The UFC have just now decided to test their fighter during training camps for elevated testosterone levels.
The accusation is that fighters are loading up on testosterone during their camps and then cut the TRT out closer to fight time before the proper drug testing takes place.
The UFC have outlined the loophole and are working to close it.
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/ufc-boss-dana-white-targeting-testosterone-users-im-coming-for-you

WAMF said:
Rex said:
The person most worried about what others think of him is the weakest.

So is the country.

Those who take on the thoughts of Hadlee, Kent, etc are weakening this country.

So if people happen to dislike Hadley but also happen to agree with his viewpoint on a given subject matter, are they also weakening this country, Rex?
Why is it that the regular Joes out there are ruining the country? Aren't the present mob in Parliament already doing that for us?

Obviously, anyone panicking about what others think about them is weak. The strong couldn't give a stuff.

If as a club or a country we do this, then as a group, we are weak. Obviously.

Hadley's modus operandi - well shown in this instance - is to panic over public perceptions. If you wish to join his panic, that is entirely up to you WAMF.

To be a Manly fan, isn't a sound prerequisite to get over worrying about other people's perceptions?

Sometimes people take some things very seriously.....

Whilst there are others almost oblivious to the surrounding turmoil.

Best explained in the gif below:

qxfyf.gif

My rant - why is it in most sports is teams losing on purpose is 'match fixing' but in AFL it's called 'tanking' and why isn't it reported as match fixing?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6