Ranting my face off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ok, lets start by saying you wont find any footy speak here. No edge runners, no mid field, no cliche driven dribble that counts for squat.

Manly pack needs metre eaters, tacking machines , some offloaders and some damaging replacements, we have them, but the rotation is not right. Nate myles is a good footballer, he is not a metre eater, his is a workhorse, who tackles hard, often and can surprise you rarely in what he offers in attack or impact with the ball. It doesnt matter what number he wears, but that is what nate is good at, very good. He is tough, aggresive and is being used poorly. He does not belong in a rotation of yardage me. He should play long minutes smashing the opposition and scrambling in the middle. His spot in the team is determined on how many minutes he can play

So if we are to have 4 yardage men rotated the candaties are bj, starlo, lussick, vave and possibly jake, although he is similar to myles in some ways, but probably better. Kapow is a weapon and this is his role. My 4 would be kapow, bj, starlo and lussick to be swapped around. My pref is fot kapow and lussick from the bench

finally some players who offer something, some ball playing, some speed , footwork , a hole runner, like the buhrers, the browns and the felitis or a symonds.

One hooker if you have brown , buhrer in the team

Starlo, bj, lussick and kapow rotated
Myles jake is worth a try but one may have to go
Buhrer, brown or tommy
Stick whatever number you need to, but lets call them what they are 30 ,40, 60 or 80 minute pkayers that tackle, run, or whatever.

Footy is an embarrasment of cliche driven clap trap. Essentially big words to replace things that didnt need replacing. Saying that footy changes is true to a point, but reinventing the wheel so that people think you invented the wheel is idiotic. Its for this reason we are seeing a new wave of coach churn. Ex pkayers with impressive footy speak are being hailed as better than what they are, as they appear to say impressive things or they have a deep understanding of the game, as they see it , and speak very technically of the game when essentially they have just reinvented the language. No new ideas there.

You rarely hear the bennets, bellamys and the haslers speak this crap. Sure they adopt new techniques but you dont to replace the language to sound like they know stuff, they know stuff. There footy pkayers, its footy, lets just play footy without all trying to sound like students of the game.

Look its just my opinion, dont get offended. Its not about anyone here, but to fix a problem it needs to bee identified, now i need lunch, maybe i should reinvent that term after all our eating patterns are changing.

Again it seems the forwards are being blamed for all our woes. Luckily we have plenty of options.
The backs are getting off lightly - and there are no serious options for most positions in our backline. I hope TB watched how the Tiger's backline functioned and is not to stubborn to try to emulate.
Or go back to the Manly archives and watch how a traditional Sea Eagle backline threw the ball around and beat oppositions with their skill.

Again it seems the forwards are being blamed for all our woes. Luckily we have plenty of options.
The backs are getting off lightly - and there are no serious options for most positions in our backline. I hope TB watched how the Tiger's backline functioned and is not to stubborn to try to emulate.
Or go back to the Manly archives and watch how a traditional Sea Eagle backline threw the ball around and beat oppositions with their skill.

Im not blaming the forwards although i can see why you have that conclusion.my post is all about the pigs. Im not trying to blame anyone i just feel the team balance is out of whack a bit and that is highlighted more so in the forwards. I also think the over complication of the game has something to do with that balance

The pack has some real depth but like players need to replace like players to a certain point. There is no room for too many of the same types

the backs have had a fairly clear slate that doesnt really reflect the form shown

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6