Rate The Half Backs - In Perspective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Cooper Cronk................4
Matt orford.....................3
Tim Smith......................10
Johnathan Thurston......1
John Morris...................11
Shane Perry..................14
Scott Prince..................2
Brett Kimmorley...........5
Jeremy Smith................12
Brent Sherwin................7
Grant Rovelli.................13
Todd Carney.................8
Jamie Soward................9
Mitchell Pearce.............15
Craig Gower...................6
Luke Walsh....................16

I guess this says to me we shouldn't really look a gift horse in the mouth guys. Orford's out of form, but he's still one of the best....

Luke Walsh will be in the top 10 before long.

I'd steer away from giving specific numbers. I'd group them 1-5, 6-10 and 11-16.

Orford would be in the top tier.

I don't think people here really doubt that Orford is one of the best halves in the game.

I think its more a show of frustration that he is struggling a bit.

If he is carrying an injury than it could be a wise choice by the club to let fans know and stop such harsh scrutiny.

The same way we find out 2 years on that Jye Mullane was playing with tendinitis in both knees while he was with us.

However, it would most likely alert opposition to a weakness.

Cronk and Soward would be ahead of Orford.

In 2 years time the knights will have the best half/5/8 combination in the league with Walsh and Mullen. The big second rower Cory Peterson will also be SOO material.

Smith has done the right thing in getting rid of the deadwood at the knights because they have so many good juniors comming through.

Dead Wood as in Jesters Pies eh Tooks? LoL
C&C...probably top 5 with Monaghan as well. Orford in best form against monaghan in best form...you'd take Orford I think though.

Shane Perry is the worst.

Thurston the best.

I'd prefer Carney, Cronk or Soward in our team. I got no doubt Orford could be as good if not better than those 3. The difference is that those 3 take control. When something has to be done more often that not they do it. Orford does not.

Considering current form alone, The Ox would be about 5

1. Johnathan Thurston
2. Cooper Cronk
3. Brett Kimmorley
4. Scott Prince
5. Ox

Soward! Good lord, he's had two decent games in three years. The rest of the time he has looked like chump change.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4