Realistically finish where we deserve

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Like everyone else , was hoping for that miracle....4 win finish & then win straight sets for a memorable GF victory....not to be.
Been a tough season injury wise, key players missing, others out of position, some simply playing poorly.
Thing is, in the end Manly did not deserve to make the 8....if we had snuck in.... would not have the ammo to give the top few teams a shake....realistically- Dogs on last nights game would have been towelled by 30-40 by the top contenders...& Mark my words- they will.
Really think with 1 or 2 good signings & a solid 2017 of limited injury concerns, Manly will be back contending with the best.
As for 2016....dissapointing- but that comes from the fact is Manly supporters have been spoiled by so much success the team has given us over the years...those who know Manly...know we will be back sooner, rather than later...stick solid.

Well said Maxta. Apart from the trolls on here I'm sure we'll all stick by the team. As Barrett said we'll finish we we deserve and that will most likely be around 12th. What I'm interested in is what are his plans to make us a top 8 team next year?

We should have easily finished in the Top 8 with the new roster.@:cool:

The extent of injuries is similar to last year.

But the lack of an experienced 5/8, was a Club decision that killed the season before round 1 :confused:

Hope the Club is smart enough to get the injured players into rehab now and just forget about the next 3 games.

Last edited:
Tenth. The stars just haven't aligned this year Penrith, eels, dogs. Wins we really should have under our belt but don't. I really agree on the 5/8 issue. Gee killer is going well there now. Imagine he was there from round 1. Walker on the other hand has a lot of work to do in the offseason. I'm questioning so much of his game right now. We will finish where we finish. I just want to see the boys play hard for killer at home and towel the raiders in his last game.

We have now lost the last 5 games straight against the eels and last 6 games straight against the dogs. The last time we beat either of them was in the first round 2014.

Well said Maxta. Apart from the trolls on here I'm sure we'll all stick by the team. As Barrett said we'll finish we we deserve and that will most likely be around 12th. What I'm interested in is what are his plans to make us a top 8 team next year?
You don't have to be a rocket scientist or a super coach to say we'll finish where we deserve Mals. The fact is no one sticks by a coach that fails to deliver the goods at the end of the season where it counts and it is over to Trent to prove us wrong .

You don't have to be a rocket scientist or a super coach to say we'll finish where we deserve Mals. The fact is no one sticks by a coach that fails to deliver the goods at the end of the season where it counts and it is over to Trent to prove us wrong .
Indeed you are correct feathered friend. My comment was something that Barrett said near the start of the season :) The Penns will give him a bit of leeway because he was their appointment.

Indeed you are correct feathered friend. My comment was something that Barrett said near the start of the season :) The Penns will give him a bit of leeway because he was their appointment.

Funny that , Penns gone on holidays not a word from them recently, last year they were very vocal with 2V's as we all know.

I hope Barrett can prove me wrong and I end up with egg on my face as I would rather end up with egg on my face than not see our great Sea eagles soar again . From what I have seen this year I have no confidence in Barrett . He is a nice fellow but he is not a clever fellow . He has displayed all the rookie qualities that he is made of . I really hope Barrett proves me wrong feathered friend :)

I hope Barrett can prove me wrong and I end up with egg on my face as I would rather end up with egg on my face than not see our great Sea eagles soar again . From what I have seen this year I have no confidence in Barrett . He is a nice fellow but he is not a clever fellow . He has displayed all the rookie qualities that he is made of . I really hope Barrett proves me wrong feathered friend :)
When Trent works out how to coach the stupid out of the team, he'll be a super coach. I'm sure his game plan ain't to give away stupid penalties and drop stupid balls and bomb tries stupidly...

Don't worry about it, sure we blew the season, but we still have the 50 freestyle to go. We'll win that. #yeahright #campbell #mcevoy

We have now lost the last 5 games straight against the eels and last 6 games straight against the dogs. The last time we beat either of them was in the first round 2014.
They've been excruciating games too by and large. I can't stand a game that is still in the balance after 70 or 80 or 90 minutes.

I want to be clearly winning after 20 mins and go on with it. Every game.

But the lack of an experienced 5/8, was a Club decision that killed the season before round 1

I agree with this 100%. Not knocking killer but he has played more like an old fashioned inside centre than than a 5/8.

He is playing outside of Buhrer most of the time. Which is probably not where you want your 5/8 to be. There has been too much reliance on DCE to try and control both sides of the ruck.

Would love killer to go round for another year though as a centre. I think he still has a bit to offer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6