Realistically it's time to be realistic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Barrett is proving me 100% wrong. His methods are clearly working. The players are responding with great commitment, energy and skills resulting in Manly destroying souths last night, plus other away epic wins. I can't apologise enough for death riding Barrett. What do I know? Not much.

Is it realistic to start to think about very big things for this side, this season? i.e. Top 4 then who knows?

yup totally or the player group, they have a way to go but the nucleus is there. They have claimed some decent scalps too. The Cowboys game stood out to me, that was great win and Raiders were my pre-season prediction for premiers

Barrett is proving me 100% wrong. His methods are clearly working. The players are responding with great commitment, energy and skills resulting in Manly destroying souths last night, plus other away epic wins. I can't apologise enough for death riding Barrett. What do I know? Not much.

Is it realistic to start to think about very big things for this side, this season? i.e. Top 4 then who knows?

Realistically no one ever accused you of being intelligent

I am not getting carried away. Top 4 will be tough and i think we will be in scrap for 5 to 8 as it is a very close comp. We are still building and will have some down weeks.

All the Barrett bagging previously was pretty unfair imo considering all the injuries and lack of combos etc. Its no surprise that with some stability in the team and especially the spine we are stringing more wins together.

I probably didn't death ride Barrett but have questioned some of his selections mainly carrying Hastings and brown on the bench. He is definitely trending in the right direction as a coach.

That Souths team last night is not NRL standard, but you can only beat what's in front of you and that was a pretty complete performance from Manly - the best for a couple of years. I definitely think we can make the 8 after that.

That Souths team last night is not NRL standard, but you can only beat what's in front of you and that was a pretty complete performance from Manly - the best for a couple of years. I definitely think we can make the 8 after that.
They were only missing Inglis &burgess 2.2
We were missing Snake, Skivvy and Lussick from our top 25.

Team is heading in the right direction. Still see a lot of ups and downs this year but we have proven we can beat anyone on our day as long as its away.

We are only a few key injuries away but so is any team, look at the cows

We have some pretty sweet depth Fluffy though. Remember, Perrett (who looked outstanding his last game) and Lussick are due back. Hastings is ready to step into a full time role if one of the 6, 7 & 9 go down. You have Cullen tearing it up week in, week out. You have Parker coming back, Baiubridge who is really handy, and even Matthew Wright / Jonathan Wright worst case. Ohmar Schleimankel will be returning soon.

We are more solid this year, than in many before.

We need to glue this team together mate. Get some consistency. We are seeing uber chemistry all over the park now - look at Walker / Uate - diaaaaammmm

agree on most points but souffs could only play as well as we let them.they were made to look very ordinary

For sure top 4 . Poet and didn't know it.

agree on most points but souffs could only play as well as we let them.they were made to look very ordinary

Agree. Just to be clear I'm not trying to take away from our performance. As I said before, I think it was the most complete performance we have had for years. Nothing at all to compain about from our end, and a lot to like!

At the start of the season i had us around 9-12.
I think we will scrap into the top 8 but not the the 4.
One thing we must improve on to make sure we are well into the 8 and any chance of top 4 is getting some wins at Lottoland.
This will come now we are starting to gel as a team. Those first 2 games we lost can be put down to having so many new players.
With all the spare money we are meant to have in the cap next year we should be able to pick up a couple of better then average players and push for a top 4 in 2018.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8