Really Dumb Question re: Marty Taupau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Sorry in advance for how stupid this question is, and there is probably a very simple answer, but:

We all know Jamie Buhrer, Tom Symonds, Feleti Mateo, Blake Leary & others have spent time in our NSW Cup team.

Well, could Marty be named in the NSW Cup side this week to sponge a week off his suspension? Surely that would count. Imagine Brayden Wiliame got 2 a week suspension against The Sharks, and with the return of Taufua and Matai, he is destined to return to NSW Cup - the games would count yeah?

I know it's very rare that a NSW Cup team plays, and a 1st grade one doesn't.

Could this be used? If not, why?

Under the rules, if a player is serving a grade-one or grade-two penalty, they can play trials while suspended, but that is it.

NSW Cup is a proper game. Can we use this guys?

It sounds like a good idea, but I'm sure the NRL has some way to overrule it.

I believe rep games can count as part of a suspension, but only if the team has been named (with the charged player in it) before the suspension is imposed?

Guessing there's probably some similar rule that we can't name him in the NSW Cup team because he's already suspended and therefore unavailable for selection, and as he has only played first grade when available this year I bet Greenturd and co wouldn't accept that he 'would have' been playing NSW Cup if available.

Which...as much as I hate the NRL hierarchy...is kind of a fair point @:p

They most likely closed the loop hole after Queensland did their whole tba thing a couple of years ago

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6