Recruits for the 2012 Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Telecr*p says current Roosters Frank Paul the Wrecking Ball, Martin Kennedy & Mose Masoe are all off contract at the end of this year. I'll pick up any of them. 3 different style props and each can add to what we have but I must say I would lean towards Mose Masoe, there is nothing better than a giant absolutely smashing blokes with a smile on his face.

no way, too young for us those 3!! I'd rather Fitzy, talented player, Anasta would fit in well. Even Petero for 1 season

Warning Warning:

Overuse of the "old experienced player" joke can be a pain in the arse. If pain persists, seek medical advice and adjust your sense of humour.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186301.msg312854#msg312854 date=1295746832]
Why not Ballin / Higgins Hooker tandem?
Ballin/Seu Seu
[/quote]

No, I think we plan on continuing to make the 8 for the time being.

Definately would like to see Higgins get a sniff in FG after some time in the reserves though, seemed to be a quality player from what I saw of him in the u20s.

Re: Rodney, from memory he signed a four year deal when he came to us. That'd mean it'd run out next year & I could see him staying with us for another one or two seasons after that assuming his health is fine.

Captain of the Gate link said:
Telecr*p says current Roosters Frank Paul the Wrecking Ball, Martin Kennedy & Mose Masoe are all off contract at the end of this year. I'll pick up any of them. 3 different style props and each can add to what we have but I must say I would lean towards Mose Masoe, there is nothing better than a giant absolutely smashing blokes with a smile on his face.

I like the look of Kennedy

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295944925[/time]

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Kenny-dowel would be a great pickup, I don't think Manly has ever had a hyphen

Can't defend

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=186301.msg313096#msg313096 date=1295921968]
Kenny-dowel would be a great pickup, I don't think Manly has ever had a hyphen

The Koala.
[/quote]
Koala. JWH and now DCE. So we don't need him just for the hyphen factor. However he finished last year as the best attacking centre in the game. Can he carry it on? I don't know. I remember Russell Gartner being virtually untouchable one year but he wasn't able to sustain that, it was just a great purple patch.

Frog Eyes Gartner - now there was a great Manly player until he went to Balmain...............................

Keep building from within imo.

Dean Whare / Michael Oldfield / William Hopoate need to be introduced at some point into the backline.

James Cunningham / Jamie Buhrer / Liam Higgins / Darcy Lussick & a host of others need to be introduced at some point in the forwards.

It will create a real club culture.

Forget outside purchases. It's a good strategy the club his heading down in my opinion, and I applaud Des and Crusher for doing it.

In fact, Crushers job becomes MORE important in that finding quality juniors is paramount.

Funnily enough, we are almost like Parra 5-6 years ago, when they were pumping out juniors hand over fist. That's a good thing. We just have to learn to nurture and hold them, rather than losing them like Parra currently does.

PS: I'm going to HATE seeing Hicksy in an Eels jersey. He should be publicly flogged for doing so.

Ryan link said:

Dean Whare / Michael Oldfield / William Hopoate need to be introduced at some point into the backline.

James Cunningham / Jamie Buhrer / Liam Higgins / Darcy Lussick & a host of others need to be introduced at some point in the forwards.

Forget outside purchases. It's a good strategy the club his heading down in my opinion, and I applaud Des and Crusher for doing it.

In fact, Crushers job becomes MORE important in that finding quality juniors is paramount.

Funnily enough, we are almost like Parra 5-6 years ago, when they were pumping out juniors hand over fist. That's a good thing. We just have to learn to nurture and hold them, rather than losing them like Parra currently does.

PS: I'm going to HATE seeing Hicksy in an Eels jersey. He should be publicly flogged for doing so.

Agreed Ryan Hicksy was one of my favourite players on dark days of the Sea Eagles. Very underrated player who was a good goal kicker.

Mac Man link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186301.msg313215#msg313215 date=1295994764]

Agreed Ryan Hicksy was one of my favourite players on dark days of the Sea Eagles. Very underrated player who was a good goal kicker.
[/quote]

He was a gun in the ESL as well.

Fro link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=186301.msg312960#msg312960 date=1295834683]
lol anasta.. geez dnt want to see that diver in a manly jersey.. he is a deadset sook..  cost us a penalty  at a crucial stage last yr when he laid down after a fairy tap..  he`s a w****r..  i dnt knw if its because  i follow manly  & im one eyed but  i have never seen our guys ever lay down milking a penalty yet  in the last 4yrs that i can remember..

Yeah I think BK was playing for NSW when he did it so you are right.
[/quote]fro i dont knw if you being sarcastic but we scored a try & it was called back to where the soft c**k was laying down 40 out from our line might not have been last yr but i thought it was..

for a change i was sort of agreeing with you here Jjai. Kennedy did the dive in an origin game, so it wasnt a manly player doing it.

The difference between a lot of players that Ryan has mentioned and I've mentioned is that they have played 40+  games in the NRL and meanwhile Cunningham hasn't made hs debut.

Many people (ex NRL coach etc.- Phil Gould)  have said that it takes 50 games (NRL) to maintain NRL standard.
The question is are we prepared to risk it all on an untried player. Maybe last season when we had the likes of Rose (we also had some other players avaliable i.e Cross) etc injured.

That's why I say get  Snowden, Kennedy etc. 

Hi Ant80, i think i will disagree with you there mate , as most young players that have the ability make an impact as soon as they are given an opportunity in the top grade.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7