• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope tooves gives the refs an earful. Someone has to say something.

It is beyond a joke tonight.

Good on killer for harassing them about there atrocious decisions.

Look some of the refereeing was diabolical, but then so was some of Manly's play. Leading by 18 points, they should never have been run down like that. Most of the problems were with the lesser lights. Horo knocking on in the first set after halftime. Saints scored on the next set and are right back in it, setting the tone for much of the 2nd half.

The desire of some players to pass on every hit-up when they are leading by 6 with just minutes to go.

That fifth tackle penalty that led to Saints last try - that is stuff that you expect from teams running in (or near) last spot after 8 rounds. Not a team with premiership aspirations.

The real issue is with the team's concentration and discipline. The late changes clearly didn't help, however the coach still has some work on his plate. Luckily we had enough class players left in the team to get us through.

Fair points, Phantar, and at times we were definitely our own worst enemies, but when you're tired you make errors and poor decisions. And one of the reasons we were so tired was because the refs conspired to give the Dragons so much ball in the first half.
Agree that we still have plenty to work on.

Whats that know? 2 or 3 weeks in a row we have been copping it really bad by the refs?

Phantar said:
Look some of the refereeing was diabolical, but then so was some of Manly's play. Leading by 18 points, they should never have been run down like that. Most of the problems were with the lesser lights. Horo knocking on in the first set after halftime. Saints scored on the next set and are right back in it, setting the tone for much of the 2nd half.

The desire of some players to pass on every hit-up when they are leading by 6 with just minutes to go.

That fifth tackle penalty that led to Saints last try - that is stuff that you expect from teams running in (or near) last spot after 8 rounds. Not a team with premiership aspirations.

The real issue is with the team's concentration and discipline. The late changes clearly didn't help, however the coach still has some work on his plate. Luckily we had enough class players left in the team to get us through.

Im glad someone else is thinking the same way as me. Sure we were on the wrong side of the penalty count but alot of those penalties were warranted. We had an 18 point lead and should never have let them get back in that game. We need to work on our discipline or we will get penalized out of every game.

https://twitter.com/awebstar1/status/331345232757133312

Andrew Webster
‏@awebstar1
KILLER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP CRYING TO THE XXXXX REF ABOUT EVERY PLAY

The XXXX replaces a word.

https://twitter.com/PJLane_/status/331377452578402306

PJ Lane
‏@PJLane_
Manly are a team of punks... Toovey has created a team to act the same way he did as a player #NRL

I don't like complaining about the refs, BUT, they he was terrible tonight. I'm saying he because I'm only singling out one of them in particular.

That being said, we are our own worst enemies. The penalties that aren't there cost us, but when control the ball and don't give away the silly ones and I still don't think there is a team that can match us set for set in that arm wrestle style contest.

Who's pj lane? And Webster is right, killer needs to be more selective. Although most 50/50
Calls went against us and the refs did everything they could to get the dragons over the line.

Their was definitely someone taken out from the charge down. And some of those hand on the ball penalties were a bit rich. ESP the one against Foz in the last few minutes. I'm also not convinced that symonds got a touch for the repeat set and I think Foz scored from the strip but they didn't have the angle to prove it. Their was also a little knock on before their first try on the tackle before they scored.

In not just tonight, it's happening more often..... Refs suddenly penalising a team out of the game, remember titans v eels, that was a stitch up..like tonight refs falling over themselves to get the home team back in game

ALinda said:
strone33 said:
I think it's time we donated 10k and Tooves blasts them!

At 18-all I was thinking exactly that.

The press conference was surprisingly low key - no mention of the refs, or the penalty count - just short and sweet.

It's funny as more than often penalty counts are "evened up" late in a game so that Coaches can't complain, that didn't happen last night

I agree we were awful at times and deserved most of those awarded against us BUT hey the goons were hardly "Saints" were they.....lots and lots of times there could have been penalties awarded against them.

And dead set every time the crowd booed the pocket ref blew his pea....I think they (crowd) intimidated him....we should try the same thing on Monday at Brooky...fair dinkum all you could hear on TV was booing!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4