Ref inconsistencies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Penrith vs Canberra.

Canberra score a try.

Penalty given to Penrith before try is awarded due to a push on Segeyaro from Shillington in the ruck.

Penalty overturned by video ref as Segeyaro wiped his forearm across Shillingtons face, causing Shillington to overreact.

Penalty now to Canberra for use of forearm by Segeyaro.

Sound familiar?

Wonder how Matty Ballin feels about that situation.

NRL is a joke!

And on report. Match review and grading will be interesting but surely they can't charge him after letting Scam off.

But not being experienced like scam he only got one elbow in.

That was more than a joke.

On report for ''leaning'' on Shillington's forehead?

Scameron Smith must be laughing in his living-room on that...And the MRC will laugh it off too.

Just embarrassing.

What a deadset joke.

The incident from last week was at least 3 times worst. But as Tunks said Ballin is a serial pest and deserved everything he got.

I read that most 'experts' have jumped on the "bring back one ref" bandwaggon which was an issue raised on here three to four years ago.
Another one gaining traction is stopping slow-motion replays when making video decisions - again an issue raised here several seasons ago.

I can see Greenturd now, one ref had it's problems, two refs isn't any better, I KNOW! how about three refs yeah that's it, three refs.

Manly were involved in the first trial game with two referees against Rorters at Gosford. Hasler and the players told the media after the game the problem was swapping between referees meant different and inconsistent officiating. The NRL went ahead with two referees anyway. 5 years later the same problem exists and can never be overcome.

Alan said:
I can see Greenturd now, one ref had it's problems, two refs isn't any better, I KNOW! how about three refs yeah that's it, three refs.

They actually have 6 refs, 2 on the field, 2 on the sidelines and 2 in the vidiot box........and still they can't get it right!!!!

Maybe we need 10 refs.

We started to go down the slippery slope - in both football and cricket - when 'experts'* started saying "we have the technology to make the game perfect; let's use it."
Look at the mess video cricket umpiring has caused; the poor on-field umps are now too frightened to make a decision for fear of looking foolish. They have lost the authority they should command.
When will people realise that all sport is human achievement V human error? If you want perfection and 100% accuracy then play a video game.
* The definition of an 'expert' is a drip under pressure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4