Referee decisions deciding games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SwornEagle

Reserve Grader
Another example of a bullsh*t referee decision costing us a game on Saturday night. Has happened to many teams and the refs have definitely cruelled us a few times in recent years!

Another example..

Jamie's first touch
jamie1.jpg

Jamie's pickup
jamie2.jpg

I'd call that at least 2 meters back...

Sorry to tell you BUT it's been happening for as long as I have been watching the game, and that is since it was first shown on TV. Crowds have been boing Refs for 100 years. This was a bad one as the video evidence was clear (because of the line) but nevertheless been going on for decades and decades....remember we lost the 1995 Grand Final on a Try scored from a masive forward pass AND a Try scored from the 7th Tackle.

Yep, referees making mistakes is nothing new. What I don't understand is how with all the technology available and full time training they do these days they still don't seem to be improving. We even tried to put twice as many of them on the field and it hasn't helped. Perhaps they ARE just stupid after all.

I probably think they are representative of the lower intelligence range. IQ 40 - 80.

i think harrigan is doing a better job than i expected. I gotta say i was surprised last night on 2sm how candid he was about simpkins mistakes and hes taken action he was also not happy with the guys who refed the warriors v penrith match and said that he was going have a debrief with them today as they were in transit yesterday.

I don't like the bloke but i think hes doing better than robbie finch as long as hes consistent im good with it.
Players make mistakes so do the bastards in pink

Cambo said:
i think harrigan is doing a better job than i expected. I gotta say i was surprised last night on 2sm how candid he was about simpkins mistakes and hes taken action he was also not happy with the guys who refed the warriors v penrith match and said that he was going have a debrief with them today as they were in transit yesterday.

I don't like the bloke but i think hes doing better than robbie finch as long as hes consistent im good with it.

Yeah agreed he is doing a better job in that he is making them accountable and owning up when they make mistakes. But is that fixing the mistakes?

It is better than Finch who in the face of clear evidence still denied that a decision was incorrect

i can wear the ref making a mistake, he is out there on the field,, see`s it as it happens in game speed & makes a decision 85-90% of the time its correct.. but i dnt get how the video ref who has ample time different angle`s & can slow it right down still fuk it.... thats the one that gets me i dnt have an issue with the touchy & ref thy make mistakes but it evens out its the crucial ones by the Video ref that changes games.

I would love to see an inventory of the last five years of where poor decisions in the last 10 minutes has cost a side a game. I strongly suspect we would lead that table, seeing as I can think of at least 4 examples in the last 24 months.

Cambo said:

You're kidding aren't you? It is profoundly noticeable that this year the referees are engineering themselves to be the centre of attention, much as Hollywood Harrigan achieved in his career. Who cares about pedantic penalties, just get on with the football as the pommie ref did in the Test match.

And what is the use of admitting mistakes when there are no consequences?

I have no doubt we would lead that table. In 08 we were the most disciplined side in the comp in all aspects of the game yet were near the top if not at the top of the most penalised sides. A good referee lets the game flow and keeps the whistle out of his mouth where possible. Hollywood Harrigan has admited mistakes before (his howler when we played the Dragqueens at Kogarah) but nothing changes the deep seated bias against Manly that flows from Gallop down. When was the last time St George were on the receiving end of a refereeing howler?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4