refereeing so far.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I thought we were hard done by last Monday night and , as much as I hate them, I thought the Dogs were cruelled last night.  Is it that the NRL are so desperate for either Saints, Tigers or the Eels to be at the GF, that there's the whiff of a conspiracy.  I just noticed the pic in the Telecrap of a tackle on Bird.  Certainly looks lift a lift above the horizontal and a drive to me.  No action taken of course.     

[img=400x300]http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2010/03/20/1225843/060256-dtgallery-nrl-round-two.jpg[/img]

looks dangerous to me

Reffing during that Crapitohs Tits game was horrendous.  Sandow is a little grub and does nothing but cheap shots, i was upset that i missed him getting binned since i changed the channel by that time.

All the souths crowd does is stay quiet until they have the ball and then they scream for penalties.  It's a freebie thing, they must all be on centrelink and used to getting things for free.

I thought the Titans guy got put on report for that tackle ?

The refereeing has been atrocious for a long time now, and unfortunately the results of games are now influenced more than ever by the performances of the referees. I'm sick of seeing games decided by stupid penalties and dubious video ref decisions. The NRL need to fix it.

A perfect example of the level of incompetence we have reached is the penalty given to the Titans in their game against the Warriors last weekend. The Titans chipped a ball across the posts where the Warriors defender went up the for the ball spilt it and there was a scramble for the ball and a claimed try. Upon consulting the video ref, the morons came up for a penalty for the Titans for a player being tackled in the air despite a Titans player never touching the ball when it was in the air. Of course the Warriors were dumbfounded, as was everyone else who witnessed it, and queried the ref about the ruling only to be dismissed with a wave of the hand. It was obvious to everyone that the penalty should have been given to the Warriors. It was the running joke at the post game press conference, where everyone interviewed was asked whether they knew what the penalty was for only to laugh and shrug their shoulders. Of course the 3 idiots involved in will be rewarded with another gig this weekend and there will be no apology from Finch or admission of incompetence 

I reckon there's way too much whistle blowing going on. I am a GC local now. I wanted the Titans to win last night, not because of any allegiance to them (I'm all Manly), just because I love to watch Russell throw tanties. But when Friend got 10 in the bin I thought it was ridiculous. Same with Sandow.

It never ceases to amaze me that when the storm are behind on the scoreboard and under pressure the refs bail them out with penalty after penalty.

refereeing is diabolical.nitpicking,pedantic penalties that stop the flow.as gould says,they dont have a feel for the game.i dont think they cheat WITH ONE EXCEPTION,that little prawn Matt Chechin.Not sure if anyone remembers but he made his debut many years ago when we led the warriors 20 nil and the ref did a hammy.he was touchy and came on and destroyed us.he took another 5 years to get a go but made up for his absence by crueling ox in the last minute against titans.he was the one on friday night who got the bunnies for the extra time strip.just loves to decide a game himself and that is dangerous.

susan ridgepipe link said:
that was chechin who pulled that shocker c and c mentioned.finch should pay with his job for letting these morons loose.

Why doesn't that surprise me ? Cockchin is incompetent at best.

I think the problem is that there is no depth in the referees, especially now that we have two refs a game. There isn't anyone to replace the idiots that they have given a whistle to, otherwise morons like Cockchin wouldn't get a start in the first place. I don't know what the answer is, but we can't go on letting referees decide the outcomes of games with pedantic, controversial, or downright incompetent decisions.

Sue, I remember that game against the Warriors that you were talking about. It was over at NZ. The Ref who pulled the hammy that day was Steve Clark from memory but I didn't realise that the touchie that replaced him in the 2nd half was Chechin.

I have remembered that game every time I see the arrogant little prick prancing around on the field, he is a disgrace

No, we weren't rubbish. For most of the game we played well and tried hard. There is no way we deserved to lose that game. That horrible "not forward" pass call aside, the rash of penalties after we went up 20-0 killed us. Shane Wayne Hayne all of a sudden decided that Parra needed a leg up and that the Manly tacklers had to get off the Parra attackers as soon as they hit the ground. It's one of the reasons why the two referee system is horrible (the other reason being that two dickheads are always worse than one).
I though we hung in well, but it's impossible to win games without the ball, especially this early in the season when it's hot and your match fitness isn't there.

Every other person other than an eels fan or referee thought that 2nd last try was from 2 forward passes.

THE REFS ARE A ****ING JOKE!

Ron E. Gibbs link said:
No, we weren't rubbish. For most of the game we played well and tried hard. There is no way we deserved to lose that game. That horrible \"not forward\" pass call aside, the rash of penalties after we went up 20-0 killed us. Shane Wayne Hayne all of a sudden decided that Parra needed a leg up and that the Manly tacklers had to get off the Parra attackers as soon as they hit the ground. It's one of the reasons why the two referee system is horrible (the other reason being that two dickheads are always worse than one).
I though we hung in well, but it's impossible to win games without the ball, especially this early in the season when it's hot and your match fitness isn't there.

I thought we played well considering the changes in the team. Beaten by ****house refereeing. We looked the better team the whole game and some dodgy calls and fatigue got us in the end.

I agree that there were a lot of awful calls, and the rush if penalties put us on the back foot in the 2nd half, but we should have still won the game. You could tell the boys got too frustrated too quickly.. I think if we had kept our heads cool a bit longer we may have been able to hold on.

But yeah, if we're just talking about refs here, and not what impact they had on our loss, then yeah, that other ref (not Shayne hayne) was terrible.

Deadset, this isn't the only match in 2010 they have fu*cked up, countless matches in 2009 and an immeasuarable amount of matches in the past where ref's have fu*cked and it has decided the outcome of a match.

With the technology and professionalism we have in this day and age, it is not forgivable that referees 'make mistakes'.. that's a fair enough excuse for players fu*cking up and determining an outcome of a match, but the level of the sport of Rugby League is being reduced by the incompacitity of the referees in first grade in Rugby League in Australia.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2