Refereeing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I thought the refereeing on Friday night set a new appalling low standard for the season, but watching the Canberra - Newcastle game and it's clear Chechin has found a way to find an all time new low.

How this guy retains his job is utterly beyond me.

And Matt Chechin wins the game

We all know that referees can influence the result of a match. One way to limit their influence is to reduce the impact of ' soft' penalties. Just like they do in rugby, penalties for piddling indiscretions are just tap-and-goes. They don't get to kick the ball out and restart play downfield. This 'short-arm' penalty would work well in league. You just receive a new set of six tackles for everything except foul play. To counter repeated infringements the player caught gets 10 minutes in the bin.

Teams pay too heavy a price for minor infringements. The kick for touch then new set of tackles is too harsh.

We can learn something from rugby; not much, but this short-arm penalty is a good idea.

Ralphie said:
I thought the refereeing on Friday night set a new appalling low standard for the season, but watching the Canberra - Newcastle game and it's clear Chechin has found a way to find an all time new low.

How this guy retains his job is utterly beyond me.

And Matt Chechin wins the game

Ralphie if you think Chechin is bad if you ever get the chance watch James Child in the ESL. Makes Chechin look like the best ref in the world

Yeah it's hard to disagree with that and would help the fans deal with it all better.

It would take out a lot of soft 2 pointers aswell and lead to more attacking footy

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6