Referees deciding the outcome of a game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
If what Ricky Stuart has said is true that poeple in his staff with sports ears heard the ref's control say to the field ref's "put your penalties in your pocket", does this mean that they have been having an influence on what they would perceive to be the correct outcome of the game?
Or, were they simply pointing out that the referees may have been to whistle happy?
Either way it seems a bit dubious to be saying in a crucial part of a game.

Probably a simple case of not hearing correctly. Maybe they were saying "Are you senile or just off your rocker?' or something like that.

Has Ricky threatened or assaulted this ref yet?

I wouldn't believe anything that Stuart says.  The guys a whinging moron.  He's completely full of it.  On the one hand he says he's so proud of his boys staying with us and that the Gummies deserved to win on Saturday night.  Crock, we played poorly and still beat them.  They played to their max and still couldn't get over the top of us.  He blames the refs constantly.  Nothing wrong with that, but pleeese admit the better team won on the night.  I actually thought the Gummies were getting a hand up by Lyons, especially in the first half.  

as dsm said, the gummies were allowed free reign in that first half.

Stuart irks me when he says "i don't want to have to bring the referees up again, but............."

Stop your moaning you petulant child

They were blowing far too many penalties though. There is also a chance they said something like. "those penalties came from the pocket" or something similar referring to the pocket ref

He said it was in the last ten minutes, refs really don't seem to like giving penalties in the last ten minutes of a game because they're the ones that everyone remembers as deciding the game. Especially if it's close to the tryline and the scores are tied up.

Otherwise they could have been referring to the pocket ref or Sticky is just making it up. I honestly didn't think they were that hard done by, the Barrett sendoff was blatant and right in front of the ref.

It seemed to me the sharks got a huge amount of leeway in slowing the play the ball down, esp. in the second half when they were under pressure. the early season touch footie roll on reffing is long gone.

If it was the last 10 minutes, the Pocket didnt have any control anyway. But it seems more likely what he heard would have been something about the Pocket ref.

I mean saying "Put your penalties in your pocket" seems an odd thing to say at any time, wouldnt you just say "Lets slow up on the penalties"

one of the blokes who sits near us always listens in to the refs and on numerous occasions has hear things like forward passes, blokes being called out of it for offside and refs not in control giving advice and all is ignored.

It would not suprise me one bit if they did say what he is claiming.

Fluffy link said:
one of the blokes who sits near us always listens in to the refs and on numerous occasions has hear things like forward passes, blokes being called out of it for offside and refs not in control giving advice and all is ignored.

It would not suprise me one bit if they did say what he is claiming.

Though it is up to the ref in the middle to take or reject the advice from touchies/pocket ref. I know in reffing touch there's been a few times I've ignored a signal from the non-controlling ref where I thought it was fine.

Fluffy isn't it Digital and encoded? How does he listen in?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6