referees miss a dropped ball again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
both games this year against the scum the referees missed a dropped ball in the play the ball at vital times.
in the first round it was by george rose.
tonight it was in the play the ball prior to cronk kicking across field for the match winning try.
i just watched it again & you can see the player(don't know who it is) loose control of the ball before it hit the ground.
if the ref had picked it up & called a scrum we may have held on.

Can't complain we have some luck with a video ref call.

But you are right.

Yawn - we lost - I don't like it but that's footy. On the night and with the troops we had out our guys did us proud.

We lost - it wasn't the refs or bum decisions this time.

Just one of those games that got away from us.

castle eagle said:
both games this year against the scum the referees missed a dropped ball in the play the ball at vital times.
in the first round it was by george rose.
tonight it was in the play the ball prior to cronk kicking across field for the match winning try.
i just watched it again & you can see the player(don't know who it is) loose control of the ball before it hit the ground.
if the ref had picked it up & called a scrum we may have held on.

Rose got pulled up in the first half for a play the ball that was 100 times cleaner than the one Steggles and his buddies let go when the heat was on at the end of the game.

Expect Greenburg to fine Manly if they dare to question why the referees let it go.

Just think of it this way. With these 2 games against Storm a bit of luck and we would be on 16 points. That hasn't changed and the way we are playing I'll stack us up at full strength against any side. This team looks very focused and determined this year. It's reminding me of 2011 and 2008. We must maintain top 2 which i think we will. If we do we will win this.

2 lifting tackles not penalised...and scumbag smiths 3 elbows to ballins heads the refs and Melbourne storm are cr@p

You're right. It was a crappy decision.

But these things happen and they'll probably happen again.

If Melbourne make the 8 (and I don't think they will) they won't beat us and they know it.

simon64 said:
You're right. It was a crappy decision.

But these things happen and they'll probably happen again.

If Melbourne make the 8 (and I don't think they will) they won't beat us and they know it.

With Hayne on the field they might.

I cant blame the refs here, nor bad luck.
that was an excellent game with few errors. Melbourne just got the weight of possesssion in the last 10.
I will say based on that that Melbourne are lower top 8 at best and Manly top 4
NYEagle

The elbows will be picked up by the judicerry

If they are not there needs to be an innvestigation.

Hayne only needs to overlook events at crucial times to determine the result of these close matches. He will continue to do so, and if Manly are in front by just a few points, in the 2 nd half _ put your money on the other team.

mickqld said:
Just think of it this way. With these 2 games against Storm a bit of luck and we would be on 16 points. That hasn't changed and the way we are playing I'll stack us up at full strength against any side. This team looks very focused and determined this year. It's reminding me of 2011 and 2008. We must maintain top 2 which i think we will. If we do we will win this.
yeah I agree,and I reckon it will be us that supply the death knell to the storm,to knock em out of the semi,s,third time lucky,sweet revenge

To be honest we have had a bit of luck at the back end of games this year.thats footy,move on.we are playing well.

Bellamy upset about the refs? What?

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy was so furious with the referees in his side's comeback 22-19 win over Manly Sea Eagles on Saturday night that he sent assistant coach Justin Morgan to stand-in for him at the post-game press conference.

Morgan, the NRL video referees coach last season, said his head coach was so angry over the "inconsistencies" in matches that he didn't want to put himself in line for a fine.

Bellamy reportedly addressed his players after the game but the Storm didn't send anyone into its league-mandated press conference for almost 40 minutes after the game.

The Storm looked destined to lose to the Sea Eagles when it trailed 19-10 with 20 minutes left, but two brilliant kicks from Cooper Cronk set up two late tries.

But Morgan said Bellamy and the whole Storm side were still fuming about the decision by the video referee to overturn a "no try" ruling on Peta Hiku's controversial first attempt for Manly and several other "inconsistent" or "question mark" decisions..

"I think it was plain for anyone to see," Morgan said. "Anybody, any team wants consistency and he [Bellamy] is pretty cut up at the moment.

"He loves his players and wants to protect his players and to have a no try ruling overturned by a situation which I'm not sure was overly conclusive...he just wants consistency and we tend to sometimes get a lot of decisions that have question marks against them."

Morgan said the Storm believed it was coming up on the wrong ends of decisions often.

"I'm not in the other teams' coaches boxes, I'm in the Melbourne Storm box and there seems to be a lot of question marks after 80 minutes most weeks," Morgan said.

"They have a difficult job but at the same time so does Craig and the coaching team and the players, they have a difficult job.

"The work that goes into a game is phenomenal and sometimes to see the inconsistencies, not only from match to match but from referee to referee - sometimes it's hard to follow.

"I think the NRL is coming down this week so hopefully Craig has calmed down enough that he can get some answers from the powers that be.

"People don't games to be marred by inconsistencies and that runs through the 10-metres, video refereeing decisions etc - they seem to be rearing their head and we seem to be talking about them often instead of talking about the kicks and that great try from Kurt Mann."

The Storm has to now prepare to face South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Friday but will be sweating on the availability of Billy Slater and Ben Hampton after both were reported, for a high tackle and dangerous lift respectively.

Their fate won't be known until midweek.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/melbourne-storm-coach-skips-postgame-conference-in-anger-20140510-zr97t.html

I think bellyache is annoyed things aren't going consistently in his favour and on occasion other teams get awarded a penalty.

He considers this 'inconsistent' to his expectations based on previous years of favouritism.

So Martina obviously has no concerns with his players throwing elbows in tackles, consistently lifting players into dangerous positions (even after they have put someone in a wheelchair), still grappling players around the head and neck in tackles, dropped balls let go that result in a match winning try and every other disgusting grub tactic they can think of. It's just a dead heat between this bunch of grubs and that other bunch of grubs, the Dogs, for the most hated, despised, sickening trash in the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7