Referral of Contrary Conduct Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
"On rare occasions, the Match Review Committee will not recommend a grading because of the seriousness of an incident. In such instances the charge will be automatically referred to the Judiciary"

This is an extract from BEs explanation thread today.

Asked around to clear this up and this generally means that a player will receive at least the maximum and maybe more if deemed appropriate.Cases like Hoppas finger job,Danny Williams punch are the sort that come into that category.I was told if the judiciary thought it was worth grade 5 or less they would have done so and by referring it they are of the belief it may warrant more serious attention.It is not referred simply because they cant make up their mind

General consensus is Blair and Glen will get 5 or 6 weeks,maybe a touch more with loading.Absolutely ridiculous suspension so those going off about fairness from Gallop might want to have another look.

Tigers would be happy with Blair.Looking at 8 or more by the look of it.

The last case which was referred straight to the judiciary was when Wade Mckinnon spat at a referee. He only got 3 weeks

I can't understand the love thing for Gallop. Two weeks for Glenn and Blair, the rest a slap on the wrist. It's a man's game, tough, violent and spectacular. If you want a corporate game, play poker. Gallop is a fucquit.

Thanks Susan, so the NRL has deemed this fight serious, the last fight that i believe comes close to this was Melbourne Versus Dragons maybe 2 years ago, i can remember the suspensions handed down if there were any ? To deem this in the same area as Hoppas strike, Danny Williams King hit is extremely steep ! It was a fight, simple as that. We se it in SOO every year.

I think rubbing Glen out for the year would be a stupid knee-jerk decision. Tunks is prattling away on Talkin Sport about how Glenn initiated the 2nd stink (Hughes disagrees) but when I watched it thought it was quite clear it was Blair that ran directly up to him in a pretty challenging manner.

Glenn certainly rose to the bait but who was the instigator, really? 2-3 weeks should be about right, maximum. The seriousness is really just because he'd already been sent to the bin.

There is also a question whether the ref erred in not waiting for him to have cleared the sideline before dismissing Blair. This should be some sort of mitigation. I hope we have Bellew lined up.

Yep that was because spitting is a rare bird with no real fanfare.This is garden variety fighting in two separate incidents,one after being sent off (not that I agree with that)and part of a crazy bull**** media beatup.

The above is not my opinion,it is that of a couple of blokes who know the system.It is a total and utter f...ing disgrace and 5 weeks plus will be the outcome apparently.The fact that Lussick got 400 points + clearly indicates it as well.

The evil Gallop wins again.

susan said:
Yep that was because spitting is a rare bird with no real fanfare.This is garden variety fighting in two separate incidents,one after being sent off (not that I agree with that)and part of a crazy bull**** media beatup.

The above is not my opinion,it is that of a couple of blokes who know the system.It is a total and utter f...ing disgrace and 5 weeks plus will be the outcome apparently.The fact that Lussick got 400 points + clearly indicates it as well.

The evil Gallop wins again.

The stupid part of the situation is IF the other players dont run in the media beat up doesnt happen and Glen and Balir to my mind dont get as harshly punished. Its a snowball effect that doesnt only have to do with their own actions. All so pointless given a) Stewart should never have been sin binned and b) if it hadnt happened so far away from the tunnels he would have made it in time.

If Glenn gets more weeks than Lussick its sour and the Judiciary have got it wrong, it looks like what you have said Susan. Lussick was the worst out of it all in my eyes, he was in the first fight and 2nd fight, Glenn should never have been sent to the bin, it should have been Darcy. So a player thats involved in 2 fights recieves 3 weeks whilst a player thats involved in 1 fight may recieve 5-6 ? NRL you do my head in !

The fact that a player which was referred straight to the judiciary got away with 3 weeks shows that Glenn still has a chance.

I don't think he is in the wrong to much.

If it is graded in the categories 1-5 on wednesday why wouldnt it come into play particularly if only seroius charges get referred?seems strange but I didnt ask that.

Anyway that is what they expect and is definitely worth fighting real hard on this with Bellew as absolutely nothing to lose.No point in conjecture anyway,lets wait and see and hope for the best.If we could get Glen in for GF in my opinion it will be the difference.

Copa Eagle said:
If Glenn gets more weeks than Lussick its sour and the Judiciary have got it wrong, it looks like what you have said Susan. Lussick was the worst out of it all in my eyes, he was in the first fight and 2nd fight, Glenn should never have been sent to the bin, it should have been Darcy. So a player thats involved in 2 fights recieves 3 weeks whilst a player thats involved in 1 fight may recieve 5-6 ? NRL you do my head in !

The NRL judiciary has been and always will be a joke. What is worse - Spitting at a referee or having a 1 on 1 stoush with a opposition player? If McKinnon got 3 weeks, surely Glenn coudnt get anymore than that?

Copa Eagle said:
@[Copa Eagle] I think Blair and Lussick were probably equal. Lussick had a right to throw punches in the first fight, but not the second, likewise Blair but opposite

Hmm hopefully bellew and manly can coordinate something worth of a defence, there is so much going for glenn, he was in a fight ! what of it? The referees put him in that position he should never have been there, he was enticed and retaliated, whats different from this to any SOO fight were players get off scott free !

Copa Eagle said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why Hinchcliffe hasn't been cited for the elbow to Lussick that started the whole shebang.

Blair's actions were worse than Lussick. He is throwing uppercuts into Lussick while he was being held in the first stoush.

This whole thing should be between Lussick and Blair, i dont want to be all bad against Darcy but because of his actions Glenn may miss the finals. In saying that Hinchliffe should have been cited for the elbow to the face, as should slaters forearm attack on cherrys head.

The way i see it. Adam Blair and Darcy Lussick should both be facing 4 weeks, both for striking and contrary conduct, Glenn not being sited for striking should see a low contrary conduct charge due to the fact he was only involved in a fight.

But in saying all this the NRL havent seen it at all this way and this is why it makes them look like complete idiots !

The Hinchcliff issue is interesting from several points of view. Do we take it that a player is to be judged solely on what they did, and not to be blamed for the actions of all those who react to what they have done? Glenn would be hoping so.

he was penalised and that is enough for hinchcliffe

Daniel said:
he was penalised and that is enough for hinchcliffe

Sweet...then Matai should give Locky an elbow to the head on Sunday and not get suspended!!
Please - Hinchcliffe should have been the first person charged out of the whole mess

Apaprently the rationale for the direct referral based on seriousness of charge has nothing to do with the first fight/striking etc.The reason for the extra weeks according to the nrl is that it occurred after the player had been dismissed which has never happened since 1985 and hence it is very rare and being regarded as very serious given the consequent events.

The defence will have to concentrate on that side of things.How and why Glen got there is not the issue,the issue from what I can gather is the fight occurred after being previously dismissed and we need to somehow find mitigating circumstances in the second post send off clash.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7