Refs influence on the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Warriors deserved their win, but I don't think I've ever seen a game swing so much on the input from the refs.

Just let em play, for gods sake.

That game was entirely about how the ref's went, not how the teams went.

Warriors would have smashed them without all of the pissant, technical penalty's given to Wests.

They took EVERY opportunity to penalise the warrriors.

Yep was disgusting seeing that idiot Maxwell winking after giving the tigers a penalty....

At last the benji love fest is over

Sheens must be spewing at Harrigan, he clearly serviced him all week to get a win. Didn't happen though.

Horsehead Maxwell is just rubbish all round, tigers got the majority of the calls but copped a couple of big ones as well, namely a big forward pass in the lead up to the dodgy Manu penalty that led to a try, and later on tapirs knocked a grubber on and it got called play on. I have been fearing all year these clowns will take a side out of the comp, nearly happened tonight

Melbourne would be concerned about that joke of a penalty on Locke !!

wombatgc said:
How Simon Mannering kept his cool with some of those calls was unbelievable. :-/

I got the feeling when we played the Broncs up there that the NRL had a little word with the refs before the game to tell them of their preference for the Broncs to be in the GF. Tonight, I got the feeling that the refs had a similar chat regarding the Tigers.

With so much money to gain from a highly publicised GF, you'd be very naive to think that the NRL don't have their preferences on who they would like to see match up in the big one.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Horsehead Maxwell is just rubbish all round, tigers got the majority of the calls but copped a couple of big ones as well, namely a big forward pass in the lead up to the dodgy Manu penalty that led to a try, and later on tapirs knocked a grubber on and it got called play on. I have been fearing all year these clowns will take a side out of the comp, nearly happened tonight

Melbourne would be concerned about that joke of a penalty on Locke !!

Yep did you hear rabbits mention that there is one player in particular that does that all the time. I would say he was referring to "bum chin" smith

I've said it before but I want an enquiry into gambling in the nrl that includes the ref's, otherwise all betting in the NRL should be outlawed.

dceagle said:
Refs now HAVE to be consistent with third man in attacking the legs of the ball carrier .

How many people will recall the storms season or recount the decisions in the storm/saints game and compare to the GF ? We will be there and we will have to deal with a lot of inconsistencies.

Home game, and the home team gets the penalties 9 - 4.
We don't get a home game!
I'm very pleased that justice prevailed and the Tigpies couldn't use their ass to win another match.

simon_eagle said:
wombatgc said:
How Simon Mannering kept his cool with some of those calls was unbelievable. :-/

I got the feeling when we played the Broncs up there that the NRL had a little word with the refs before the game to tell them of their preference for the Broncs to be in the GF. Tonight, I got the feeling that the refs had a similar chat regarding the Tigers.

With so much money to gain from a highly publicised GF, you'd be very naive to think that the NRL don't have their preferences on who they would like to see match up in the big one.

That's a big call, I really don't think the NRL would instruct referees on who should be winning the grand final. All it would take is one pissed off or moral referee / ex-refereee to come out and say this and the game would be over for ever.

The Who said:
Home game, and the home team gets the penalties 9 - 4.
We don't get a home game!
I'm very pleased that justice prevailed and the Tigpies couldn't use their ass to win another match.

The 3 penalities to tge Tigers in last 10 mins were unbelievable especially the stip call and they still couldnt get home with an armchair ride like that.

Gallop must be spewing this morning that this game didnt follow the News Ltd script

Maxwell was also the guy who put Sam-Milton Thaiday on report, leading to his suspension, for the lifting tackle on Kite.

mcatt said:
simon_eagle said:
wombatgc said:

That's a big call, I really don't think the NRL would instruct referees on who should be winning the grand final. All it would take is one pissed off or moral referee / ex-refereee to come out and say this and the game would be over for ever.

Maybe it wouldn't be a direct instruction but everyone is well aware that the script was supposed to have a "happy" ending, for the NRL. donkeys v Tigpies was always what they wanted.

There's an old saying in rugby league that jarred Maxwell is a dirty cheat.

Poor old gav badger is all over him as a ref

The other way you can look at this is that Harrigan/NRL can manipulate just who runs out on to the paddock to officiate. It can be ever so subtle. We all have our preferences, likes and dislikes, and it would be so with the officials. That's just being human. All one has to do is place people in those positions on the paddock and there can be a subtle, (sometimes obvious) shift in the penalties. Winks and smiles from the officials just gives it away. I'd like to see football betting bans on all people officiating at games along with players and club officials.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8