RELAX PEOPLE - Luke will still get his ring

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Luke will still get his ring

October 01, 2008 .DEPARTING stalwart Luke Williamson will get a premiership ring if Manly win Sunday's grand final - even though he is unlikely to play.

The Sea Eagles honoured Williamson by naming him in a 19-man squad for the clash with Melbourne in what would be his first game after six weeks out with a hamstring injury.

But coach Des Hasler is unlikely to change a winning team, meaning Harlequins-bound Williamson and Adam Cuthbertson will be in the grandstand for kick-off.

But given that the winning team gets 20 premiership rings, it's understood the Sea Eagles have already decided to give theirs' to the 17 who play - plus Hasler, Cuthbertson and Williamson.

"That would be nice I suppose - I thought there were only 18 rings," Williamson said.

"But to play in the grand final and win the premiership, that would feel more like I've been part of it.

"I've worked hard to get back from my injury and it would have been great to play this one last game to finish my career in Australia.

"But, given that Cuthbo hasn't even been able to get back into the side, it doesn't look like things are going to fall my way."

Sea Eagles chief executive Grant Mayer said departing Steve Menzies, Williamson, Steve Bell, Mark Bryant and Jack Afamasaga would be honoured at a post-season function.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy also named 19 on Tuesday night.

But Scott Anderson appears to have beaten Aiden Tolman to a spot on the final bench, with the return of Jeremy Smith from suspension forcing Antonio Kaufusi back to the reserves list.

Bellamy has stipulated that Tolman and outside back Brett Anderson are "18th and 19th men respectively" - meaning they will only play if there is a hiccup.

There should be four buckets of gatorade ready for pouring on heads - one each for Dessie, Scott Penn,  Max Delmege and Crusher.  Between them they saved and then rebuilt the joint. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4