Remembering Robin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

RiverEagle

Bencher
Just seeing the morning news...

Robin Williams has passed away folks.

(Apparent suicide as well at this stage).

It hasn't quite sunk in for me yet, just a terrible shock.

He was more than just funny; much more than merely a unique comedic-talent too.

One-of-a-kind and beyond sad that a man that generated so much joy and happiness around the world, may have succumbed to such sorrow (depression).

RIP Robin, (Nanu-Nanu) and thanks for ALL the memories.

Funny guy, world class stand up and acted such a variety of roles.
He battled himself for most of his life. Fought real hard too it would seem.

I have some deep personal experiences with both bipolar disorder, depression, and substance-abuse issues mate.

It's well-documented Robin (like many a brilliant and creative soul) did battle long and hard, as you say.

Somewhat surprised no-one seems to care here (as yet) but only somewhat, as I say.

Fortunately there's a lot of love, and obvious sorrow, world-wide for Robin right now.

For anyone that may see this thread, and are struggling, don't be afraid to ask for help.

Talk to your partner, friends, and/or family.

And of course your GP if necessary.

LIFELINE : 13 11 14

BeyondBlue : 1300 22 46 36

Both 24/7.

Help is out there, and it is worth it to keep fighting, believe me!

Brilliant talent, very, very funny man.

Sad that he had such a dark cloud hanging around him that he couldn't shake. The irony of wouldn't have been lost on him. I did feel a little sadder than I would normally when a celebrity dies, because it's hard to reconcile that someone who could so easily bring laughter and happiness to me, was himself struggling with those aspects of his own life. I think many of his fans would have loved to be able to give some of that back to him, make some of that pain go away.

I quite liked the sign (atop an LA Comedy Club) today.

Simply says, "Go Make God Laugh Now"!

He could do it too, no doubt.

This is sad news indeed. I just found him to be purely funny.

Sad sad news.

Lauren Becall passed away at 89 as well.

So reports now (directly from his wife Susan) that Robin was in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease.

As well as having considerable financial pressures.

Along with two ex-wives that were generously settled with, typically Robin poured very significant amounts into trust-funds for his beloved three children.

Ultimately whatever factors tipped him over that edge, the world's been robbed of 10 or 20 years from a wonderful man.

I saw a framed photograph of Robin today (glass-encased and deep-oak wooden frame).

There was a large picture of Robin, smiling, in the centre; with a montage of smaller pics of his wide and wonderful movie roles encircling his face.

Beneath his picture, in a simple but attractive font, was the following quote...

"No Matter What People Tell You,
Words And Ideas Can Change The World"

(Robin Williams 1951 - 2014)

* I wish I'd had the money to buy it on the spot (I didn't) and the vendor barely allowed me to jot down the quote...Nevertheless I did and will endeavour to remember these words, along with all the rest he left to try and better the "world" we all live in. *

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6