RESERVED SEATS at BROOKVALE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
M

Margaret

I am absolutely livid at the outrageous increase in the cost of reserved seats at Brookvale Oval for 2010.  This is just short of a 40% increase which is way abo[/color]ve the inflation rate. The increases have been 'dressed up' with 'extras' such as 2 (home)games at Gosford, a trial game at Redfern Oval and a trial at Brookie.
Supporters who have stuck by the Club through thick and thin over many years are being ripped off with a 'take it or leave it' attitude. Reserved seat holders should rise up in indignation for being used as mere financial chattels.  The Club needs money so let's slug the fair dinkum supporters!  This action is totally indefensible. RISE UP and BE HEARD. 

Margaret 

You will find it hard to find anyone who disagrees with you. This situation is not good and needs to be changed.

I believe Vidmar has spoken with the club and Bob Rielly has tabled this for the next meeting

Crowds at brookie were down this year compared to 2008 and this is not a good way to improve things in 2010.

Another $100 a ticket (we have three) in the JT stand to see one less game next year.  

And some people said that Grant Mayer was the problem.  He has long gone and things seem to be worse.  This increase has the smell of being made by the same peope who have run the leagues club into the ground.  

The food at the ground this year was absolutely disgraceful and most of the time it was cold or they had run out.  Maybe they will put poker machines into the ground next to raise money. 

Dont forget the debacle with the speakers which I spoke up about and one of the last things Grant Mayer did was to ensure that the situation was rectified, in fact the day before his last day he emailed me to let me know that the situation had been rectified.

The sound system was 'rectified' Dan?  Really?  Hadn't noticed that at the last couple of games at Brookie.  maybe Saint Grant took it with him.  Distorted sludge in my ear on the hill.  Lower the admission prices = more people through the turnstyles?  Have any smart people done a cost analysis on this?  Are there any smart people left in this world?     

DSM5 link said:
The sound system was 'rectified' Dan?  Really?  Hadn't noticed that at the last couple of games at Brookie.  maybe Saint Grant took it with him.  Distorted sludge in my ear on the hill.  Lower the admission prices = more people through the turnstyles?  Have any smart people done a cost analysis on this?  Are there any smart people left in this world?     

The problem with the sound system wasnt the quality of sound and that wasn't the complaint it was those ridiculous stand speakers that sat in the line of site of most of the spectators on the benches.

I am sure had I complained about the quality of sound something would have been said, but I didnt give a **** what the sound was, more that I could see the game that I paid the money for my ticket for

DSM5 link said:
The sound system was 'rectified' Dan?  Really?  Hadn't noticed that at the last couple of games at Brookie.  maybe Saint Grant took it with him.   Distorted sludge in my ear on the hill.  Lower the admission prices = more people through the turnstyles?  Have any smart people done a cost analysis on this?  Are there any smart people left in this world?     

These Speakers DSM

[img=400x300]http://www.silvertails.net/images/speakers.jpg[/img]

Refer:  http://www.silvertails.net/forums/topic,180401.0/

I agree. You can hear well enough, its the not being able to see the field that's the problem.

One would assume that the price increase is because it sold out so quickly for this year. It will be interesting to see how sales go for 2010.
I guess the people that can't afford then will have to settle for the southern stand.

I can afford them... I will just be choosing not too.... as will the 5 other people who are in the group of seats with me.

I won't pay such drastic overs - even for Manly....

Simple case of supply and demand. 

Demand exceeds supply so prices will go up, and I'll bet all the packages are still sold, and those disenchanted will probably pay GA and swell crowd number that way. 

Might be different if there were another grandstand on the Eastern side, but that doesn't seem to be a likely possibility in the near future.

I've had a GA season ticket for the past 5 or 6 years, and bought matt and i a jane try one for next year for the first time.

It is pretty sucky that they've jacked it up by that much, but for us it's still a good deal..

We would go to all of the home games of course.. We always go to the trials.. We go to many away games (not bad dicounts there).. we both regularly buy merch from the online store (10% off there) and I personally LOVE the calendar - Always makes me smile when i look at it at work, and i would have paid upwards of $25 for one of those..

Sure there's a lot of crap that comes with it (ugly hat, lame lanyard, 15165468 random flyers/brochures), but considering what you get.. its expensive, but not completely outrageous.

I gave up my Jane Try seats a long time ago when I felt they got too expensive. The choice is up to the purchaser. I agree with Mata, it is all about supply and demand. I appreciate the talk of loyalty etc but considering MWSE Ltd loses money every year then it makes sense to me to increase prices when a product is in high demand. There is always the ACCC as an option but I would prefer a club that gets over the line with a profit than one that doesn't.

Problem is MB they wont reduce them when demand drops

No need for name calling....

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean you should pay what you believe to be an over the top price.

I understand that Manly probably is more important in your overall life than me... So you will pay no matter what they charge.

Just to explain - I missed 4 games this year due to work commitments.. So I still felt like the value wasn't too bad. The extra $100 means I am better of buying tickets on an ad-hoc basis.

Due to the way the NRL draw is done - it is virtually impossible for me to attend every game.. so therefore the value is not there.

And contrary to popular opinion - the club is not a charity...

ManlyBacker link said:
I gave up my Jane Try seats a long time ago when I felt they got too expensive. The choice is up to the purchaser. I agree with Mata, it is all about supply and demand. I appreciate the talk of loyalty etc but considering MWSE Ltd loses money every year then it makes sense to me to increase prices when a product is in high demand. There is always the ACCC as an option but I would prefer a club that gets over the line with a profit than one that doesn't.

But after this year will the product now be in the same demand as last year (and the year before)? 

Some of our players are getting older and more susceptable to injury and also some of our recernt purchases don't instill a lot of confidence.  We could very well be in for a few lean years.

If the club came out and said that they were increasing the price of a season ticket on the JT stand by $100 but were playing 12 home games I would be happy.

But to increase the price and play one less game than this year and without any sort of explanation or justification stinks. 

Todd link said:
And contrary to popular opinion - the club is not a charity...

Why not? It doesn't make a profit.

The club is a part of you and me and everyone whos life is enhanced by its existance.

Grandstand or not, the view is much better on TV for the majority of the time, but we still go to games anyway. Why?

To pay the donations through the gate & over the bar, to rally the team & show our support for the club & it's history to people like this evil Kirsch thing. Win or lose.

Sponsors support the club financially a lot more than I'm sure they get back from it. Surely supporters are just small-time sponsors.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6