Respect for The Opposition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I have been reading all the threads on how we're going to smash the dishlickers and how Hodkinson offers nothing yada yada yada. Good on you for being so positive and optimistic.

I for one respect the opposition in this case. The issues that will be at play here is:

1. How much will Manly be looking towards next weeks game rather than this weeks game.
2. How desperate will the dishlickers be with their season absolutely on the line in this game. If their desperate passes stick, then they will be very dangerous.
3. How much influence will the refereeing have on the outcome of the game. We all know how desperate the NRL are for Western Sydney teams to succeed this season..

If we as a team turn up with the right attitude, pay the dishlickers due respect, then we should win this one by 6-10 points. With their season on the line, I don't see a capitulation from the dishlickers.

The pups have no cohesion & are a team of good individuals- Barba, Idris, Pritchard ect. If the Seaeagles turn up to play should win comfortably, think its more important the boys get their own game in order leading up to the finals.

Ralphie said:
I have been reading all the threads on how we're going to smash the dishlickers and how Hodkinson offers nothing yada yada yada. Good on you for being so positive and optimistic.

I for one respect the opposition in this case. The issues that will be at play here is:

1. How much will Manly be looking towards next weeks game rather than this weeks game.
2. How desperate will the dishlickers be with their season absolutely on the line in this game. If their desperate passes stick, then they will be very dangerous.
3. How much influence will the refereeing have on the outcome of the game. We all know how desperate the NRL are for Western Sydney teams to succeed this season..

If we as a team turn up with the right attitude, pay the dishlickers due respect, then we should win this one by 6-10 points. With their season on the line, I don't see a capitulation from the dishlickers.

Jason Robinson is the Senior Ref for this game. He was the muppet that got sacked after the Tigers' forward pass try at Gosford recently. I wonder whether he will repay us against the Dogs for that error or if he has sour grapes about it and is keen to punish us again! Unfortunately, this is where the game will be decided...

I'm with you here, last year we were met to smash them and ended up losing with more injuries & matai getting suspended. It just feels like a hard one to win.

Respect no one, arrogance is king in footy. Always believe you are better, stronger faster and play like you believe it. The rest looks after itself

You would think that Manly after two such games (taking the opposition too lightly) in their last three, one that they won and one that they lost - they will have their heads screwed on this week.

Canterbury will play hard for the full 80 mins - they have to and won't give up. Pritchard will run hard all day

Manly have to aim up for this one and be totally on their game!

If we are good enough we'll win, if not we'll lose...although attitude is important (and probably is a reason why a team can be up one week and down the next).

I would then say after last week that they'll be "UP" for this one, and even more "UP" for the next two after that!!

Ralphie said:

Agreed we cannot take this match lightly and they will be looking to upset us at home!!

I think the first half will be pretty even but we should run away with it in the second. Manly by 20

jbb/james said:
Respect no one, arrogance is king in footy. Always believe you are better, stronger faster and play like you believe it. The rest looks after itself

King is out for the rest of the season lol

How many games have we lost at Brookie this year?

So, why will it be any different when we play a misfiring Canterbury?

Canterbury were lucky to beat the Sharks. Des will have the boyos revved up for this one. Especially at home. Manly win by twenty.

DSM5 said:
Canterbury were lucky to beat the Sharks. Des will have the boyos revved up for this one. Especially at home. Manly win by twenty.

What, Dymock won't have them fired up too?

I have been present at a number of losses to the dishlickers at Brookie, so I'm wary of them and their desperation.

I remember the Dogs leading us something like 18 - Nil at half time in a match in the 1970's. The crowd booed Manly from the field.

We ended up winning by a point.

Anyone remember or find the exact details???

bob dylan said:
I remember the Dogs leading us something like 18 - Nil at half time in a match in the 1970's. The crowd booed Manly from the field.

We ended up winning by a point.

Anyone remember or find the exact details???

I was there. Dogs scored four tries (Brentnall was on fire that day) and I think it was 20-nill at half time (tries were worth three points). Manly got all the ball and the penalties in the second half, and I think won by more than one point.

Dogs supporters reckoned the ref was biased towards Manly.

Possibly the last time in history.

Ralphie said:

After last weeks pathetic effort they should be switched on for this one and the next two.

Bah I don't buy it - the dogs are muppets.

The worst attack in the NRL, bar none. Horrible to watch. If Manly operate their defensive line as they should, a few plays and this will be an easy win, much like the roosters game.

Dogs are on short-ish rest as well. They'll offer nothing.

NYEagle

Would hate to see our perfect Brookie record get broken this year. Have to agree with 1st poster, respect the opposition and play what is in front of you.

Top 2 position is the goal.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6