Resting players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Should Easts beat the Sharks tonight the top four will be decided. This will make the last two rounds irrelevant for us and Melbourne, and possibly Souffs and Easts.
The Manly V Melbourne match is the one I look forward to most at Brookie, but I wonder how both coaches will approach it. Will they rest players? I'd hate to lose to Melbourne so I feel that we'll select our best team.
Your thoughts?

Manly's finals campaign is paramount.
So, if Players need a rest, they will be rested by Generalissimo 2v should the Roosters win tonight.

I don't agree that that automatically equates to a loss to the Scum BTW.

It would enable the fringe Players to shine in front of a supportive Brookie crowd :angel:

In fact, it would be so great to see the Manly Reserves pants the Big 3:p

HappilyManly said:
Manly's finals campaign is paramount.
So, if Players need a rest, they will be rested by Generalissimo 2v should the Roosters win tonight.

I don't agree that that automatically equates to a loss to the Scum BTW.

It would enable the fringe Players to shine in front of a supportive Brookie crowd :angel:

In fact, it would be so great to see the Manly Reserves pants the Big 3:p

Are you serious ? The reserves got flogged 54- Blot on the weekend. Not too many fringe players there looking to step up >

If i was the coach, Brett, Kieran, Lyon, Choc and Matai would all be rested the next two games should the roosters win tonight. But because I'm a supporter and not the coach, I hope they all play because I love watching them all.

Probably can't bring in new players as it would blow out the 2013 salary cap bill.

Storm will want to beat us if they are still a chance of Top 2. If Sharks win tonight or Tigers beat Souths on Friday the Storm will be going for it against Manly on Saturday.

The Insomniac said:
Are you serious ? The reserves got flogged 54- Blot on the weekend. Not too many fringe players there looking to step up >

I didn't mean NSW Cup Squad - bless their heart :angel:

Players like Hasson, Gower, Hiku, Jesse and all who have played some First Grade, to get a run on game to rest the leg weary Choc, Matai, Snake, Foran etc.

There could be others in the NSW Cup, who would perform differently if given a chance to play with experienced First Graders.

Against Melbourne it's a also a matter of pride. We need to beat them (now and later on in the finals). When we do maybe a couple of players can have a rest for the Panthers match if they are carrying a niggle.

The players will benefit more from weekly footy leading up to the finals, rest is not the best unless carrying an injury.
Its more an opportunity to perhaps give the bench players more time on the field to harden them for the big games ahead.
In the case of Brett Stewart - save him for week 1 of the finals - reoccurring knee injuries & copped a massive set of knees in the back late in that Bunny game...

Can't see either Melbourne or Manly resting players this week. If Cronulla loses tonight and regardless of the result against Melbourne we should be resting everyone we can and giving game time to bench players and backups against Penrith.

St Brett should be rested until the finals. Haiku can play him. Maybe Choc, but he seems to be just as good injured than not. Everyone else play to keep fitness at a premium.

I know the GF is the big picture but I would feel short changed to go to Brookie over the next two weeks with 3-4 big guns out.

Momentum and confidence is paramount coming into the semi's, no one wants to hit the semis on the back of a couple of losses, whether you've rested players or not.

I'm sure all the boys would want to play in Kite's last game at Brookie too.

Don't want players sitting two weeks in a row on the sideline, lose a bit of match fitness, especially Snake. If he can play this Saturday, play him and have Hiku on the bench.

How about we run our NSW Cup team out against Melbourne, and then count on the Storm players exhausting themselves scoring tries?

The Who said:
How about we run our NSW Cup team out against Melbourne, and then count on the Storm players exhausting themselves scoring tries?

How about the coaches agree to both play the Nsw cup teams :0) I bet there is some level of resting, ducks, drakes, foxing etc coming up.

By the way, 1 of souths premierships was won this way. Agreeing with balmain to not play the gf as a curtain raiser to the union, then dogging it and showing up, kicking off to nobody, scoring a try and going home premiers. And the bastards count this as one of their 20! ****wits. 19 it should be! Take it off them!

DSM5 said:
St Brett should be rested until the finals. Haiku can play him. Maybe Choc, but he seems to be just as good injured than not. Everyone else play to keep fitness at a premium.

I agree with DSM5. Give Brett and Choc the time to recover. Let the others continue to gel.

If a player is touch and go, Tooves might be more inclined to rest them rather than play them. Other than that, I expect our full strength team will continue to run out every week.

niccipops said:
Won't be any resting as sharkies are smashing chooks. 26-0 half time.

That's because the Roosters are already resting their entire squad. Amazing how much their back-ups look like the first grade squad.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8