Revenge of the Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For those NBA followers, it was interesting to see how the San Antonio Spurs put aside last season's devastating Finals loss to the Miami Heat (they blew that series) to come back very strong this season, take the # 1 seed in the ultra-competitive Western Conference, and swipe aside the Heat to win the Finals and gain a measure of revenge from the previous season. The Spurs openly stated in the playoffs that they were seeking to avenge the previous year, while the Heat in the end admitted they didn't have the hunger this year.

Similarly, we've seen Manly rebound very well this season after the GF devastation of last year, to sit #1 with 10 or so rounds to go. We haven't heard much out of the players mouths, but I would be very surprised if they weren't focused on gaining revenge for last year. It takes great mental strength to back-up strongly after previous season heart-break, and, like the Spurs, I think they will use this hunger to finish one better this year (and hopefully take out the Roosters in the process!)

What are your thoughts?

I like the analogy. A colleague at work (Parra fan) who follows the NBA said to me about two months back that he thought the Spurs were very much like Manly. A tough bunch of players without big egos who play as a team and seem to always be up near the top at the end of the season.

Let's hope the similarities continue to October.

Good post. Ima spurs fan. They are a lot like us except that not everyone hates them.

I played basketball... Once.

Apparently "crash tackling" is some sort of "foul"

Skirts :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8