Reynolds dive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Best dive i've ever seen on a rugby league field.

Dunno how he didnt get a penalty for effort alone.

yep, I heard the ref call 'milking' at our guys a few times when tackled, but on that performance alone Mr 'all I can do is ankle tap' reynolds should own a dairy farm.

Look it happens all the time these days. If we are being honest even Matai threw one in for good measure last night, difference being he quickly realised what a cat he was being and gave up on the pretence and resumed his feet. However players like Soward, Sandow, Reynolds, Farah etc still haven't got the self respect to do that, they see no shame in acting to get a penalty.

Chip and Chase said:
However players like Soward, Sandow, Reynolds, Farah etc still haven't got the self respect to do that, they see no shame in acting to get a penalty.

You forgot to mention the biggest cat of all......Hayne. Special mention to Heighington, Smith, Slater.

He is a competitor! The diving is bull****!!! but I must admin he is a great future talent!! hope he gets the NSW spot

I've seen Reynolds do it a few times now but that one takes the cake. But to be fair to him they are trained to do it,they should rub that garbage out it's becoming like soccer.
And another thing Why do all these Bulldog clowns come on here and troll they are the only supporters to do it?

I dunno, but as for the trained to dive, it'd be nice to think somewhere the majority of players would go, nope I'm not doing it.

A bit like gilchrist and his walking in cricket.

I'd like to think I wouldn't do it. But others may state that for footballers "my ideals don't pay my salary."

I thought I was watching the Italian Soccer Team...there were more dives than a 3 metre springboard competition. I reckon there were at least 3 Dogs players who dove and of course Reynolds who did it at least twice. Had to laugh, the commentators talking about how tough he was, he only stayed down until the play came his way and then by some miracle he was up and fine..

i cracked up when i saw the replay of him kicking the ball then running into choc before falling over to try to get a penalty.
that summed up the type of player he is

On the other hand I have a lot of respect for James Graham. In the first half he was absolutely belted around the chops by Stewart (I believe), he had every right to lay down - but the tough bugger got up and played the ball. Old style tough player

voicefromthehill said:
On the other hand I have a lot of respect for James Graham. In the first half he was absolutely belted around the chops by Stewart (I believe), he had every right to lay down - but the tough bugger got up and played the ball. Old style tough player

Yes. Unfortunately I have to agree. His tackle on Choc probably allowed the Dogs to escape with a 30-all draw.

voicefromthehill said:

James Graham has a pretty big hole to dig himself out of to regain respect of the average fan after biting Slater. I reckon you could beat him with a piece of 4 x 2 and he'd still get up as he'd be paranoid about being considered a bigger cat than he has already proved himself to be. I don't care how many he wears on the chin and shakes off, he's still a dog in my book.

Graham is one of the best forwards I have seen. But he makes Gallen (and his punches thrown in SOO1) look like a saint after his chomp in the GF. AS C&C says, there are some dog acts that are too far to come back from. At the very least it will take a long time to earn back respect.

Stuff you NRL. What a lame response. They hide behind Foran's comment to the referee as a means to divert the debate & examining their failures.

They admit that Reynolds conned the referee and the best they can do is say it's been going on for a long time. Well nothing as blantant as Reynolds act has been in the game for a long time.

Meanwhile they can act within days to rule out shoulder chargers & fighting, as well make mid season rule changes on scrums & drop outs. Pathetic.

The NRL match review committee will study the controversial incident that led to accusations Josh Reynolds had ''conned the referee'' to milk a match-deciding penalty against Manly. However, there are no provisions in the judiciary rules to charge him.

The Canterbury and NSW utility was awarded a penalty in extra time for a lifting tackle by Manly back-rower Glenn Stewart. Replays supported claims from the Sea Eagles camp that Reynolds had contributed to the way he landed.

The incident, which led to Bulldogs halfback Trent Hodkinson kicking a penalty goal to ensure a 32-30 defeat of the Sea Eagles, will automatically come under the scrutiny of the match review committee as Stewart was penalised. However, Stewart will not be charged - leaving open the question of who was responsible for Reynolds being upended if not the tackler.

Manly coach Geoff Toovey had no doubt when he addressed reporters at Friday night's post match media conference, saying: ''In my opinion they conned the ref, that's what happened.''

However, Fairfax Media understands that there is no offence for which Reynolds could be charged with under NRL rules.

NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson said he understood Toovey's concern but defended the decision to penalise Stewart.

''The referee made a split-second decision, and in the end, the dissent furthered the penalty mark. I'm comfortable with the decision,'' Anderson said. ''They're looking to protect the players.

''I see what Geoff is saying, but it's difficult for the referee to see all things in the game.''

Asked about gamesmanship, Anderson said: ''It happens, and it happens all over the field, whether it's a bloke thrashing around in the ruck. There's plenty of gamesmanship - that's been part of the game for a very long time.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/judiciary-unable-to-charge-on-conning-gamesmanship-20130616-2ocfk.html

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6