Richardson, you still awake?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Getting paid a fortune and not a peep from him. When there is so much that can be done to improve the game, and the enjoyment of spectators; crowds; country football; junior participation levels etc.
Or is it simply that rugby league, NRL style, is no longer a sport, it's a business where you pay huge salaries to non-performing 'yes' men and women, and hire corporate bankers who know nothing about the sport.

He was busy with his snout in the trough in the Chairman's Lounge v Newcastle game, on Kelly's table....Didn't even wait till full time before he left.

He was busy with his snout in the trough in the Chairman's Lounge v Newcastle game, on Kelly's table....Didn't even wait till full time before he left.
He's back, he just left to get Smith and Greenberg...

11.29.2012.pigs_.jpg

The other thing thats for sure is that he wants us gone,without doubt. We better hope his old work buddy Kelly doesn't share his views on the future of Rugby League in Australia because we need our management team 100% ready and prepared for the inevitable fight thats coming.

Looks like they have already given him a "special project" which is code at my workplace for - you are useless & we don't know what else to do with you.

The other thing thats for sure is that he wants us gone,without doubt. We better hope his old work buddy Kelly doesn't share his views on the future of Rugby League in Australia because we need our management team 100% ready and prepared for the inevitable fight thats coming.
Why would rugby league risk losing representation on the north side of Sydney Harbour, home to some 1.5-million people? I see a completely different way; Manly is the most vitally important RL club in Sydney because it has no neighbouring clubs. All the other eight Sydney clubs do, so they each can be easily amalgamated into an adjoining club. - much the way the NSW is amalgamating small councils into super-Councils.

And, every great vino needs a team to hate. Collingwood and the NY Yankees will never be in danger and nor should we be. Yeah baby!

Why would rugby league risk losing representation on the north side of Sydney Harbour, home to some 1.5-million people? I see a completely different way; Manly is the most vitally important RL club in Sydney because it has no neighbouring clubs. All the other eight Sydney clubs do, so they each can be easily amalgamated into an adjoining club. - much the way the NSW is amalgamating small councils into super-Councils.
I agree with both of you Christol and Who. I don't think the nrl would ever abandon the north side of Sydney for the reasons Who gave. But at the same time the Nrl don't show any love to actual clubs. I'm sure they would prefer to run every "franchise" themselves and have a bunch of fake clubs like the storm and Titans making up the whole comp. that way the comp is easier and cleaner to run. Of course all passion, love and tribal tradition is then killed off, but I doubt the nrl would care.

I'd trust the current NRL administration about as far as I could throw them, and with Richardson that wouldn't be very far. I do think they need a team on the north side, but that could easily be a Central Coast team that supposedly covers the region. Now you, me and blind Freddy (which probably is Freddie Fittler) could see this wont work, do you think the NRL will think it can't? I have very very little faith in their direction and vision of the game.

I think they want to take a leaf out of the A-League in Australia. And what they did was to remove all ethnic traces of teams (ie Sydney Croatia etc). Now I think this was needed, as that was an impediment to growth. The NRL seem to want to remove all tribalism and loyalty and believe that will grow the game. Now it might, but it will be a different game to what is played now. We may as well call it Rugby X or something, because it will be an offshoot like league was of union, where it's basically touch football with virtual crowds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6