• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle Has Landed

Bencher
Tipping Member
I love this bloke but he does some stupid things and gives away alot of penalties.
I think he will be spending more than a few weeks suspended.

I felt sorry for Richie, he does have a bit of blue arsed fly about him. Tries hard but gets overly excited. He was truly gutted with those spear tackles though and I felt for him. I know it sounds stupid but how does Inglis get spear tackled so often ??

The second spear tackle led to the second souths try with Richie being the guy that missed the tackle. Will get about 9 weeks for the two tackles combined I reckon.

Inglis cops it because he deserves it :)
Richie was almost my MOTM except for those brain snaps. Loving what he does then you need to hold your breath for the rest.

Chip and Chase said:
I felt sorry for Richie, he does have a bit of blue arsed fly about him. Tries hard but gets overly excited. He was truly gutted with those spear tackles though and I felt for him. I know it sounds stupid but how does Inglis get spear tackled so often ??

Several fans at the game were remarking that Greg Inglis seemed to jump (or tip himself over) in some of the tackles.

Don't know if he was out of sorts or just not the same nice guy as the rest of our team but it was really obvious when they all came out of the dressing room and paired up with the little kids to run onto the field, that he was the only one to totally ignore his kid. All the others carefully held their hands or patted them on the head. I was very caught up in how sweet they all were when this bloke came out and just blanked his kid. Maybe he was already having a bad night or maybe he isn't really one of us.

As Stevo said in another thread the other day........"I sure hope Gower stands up"

Because Faaoso will get done right royaly I reckon.

Pittwater Legend said:
Chip and Chase said:

Several fans at the game were remarking that Greg Inglis seemed to jump (or tip himself over) in some of the tackles.

Inglis did it again later in the game where, when he is held, he flips his upper body towards the ground to try to get a quicker play the ball apparently. I actually thought there wasn't much in the tackle, but Inglis's body thrust seemed to take it out of Richie's hands. Check other games, I think Inglis has a bit of form for this...

Poor Richie just can't quite understand all these new rules that didn't apply to him last year when he was at the Storm.

Hordern: Not good news about Richie at all. With these brain explosions it may be that his seven odd clubs saw this on a regular basis and cut him free. He is no good to us doing this stuff (especially with Joe gone)

I think Richie should just run with the he's (GI) obviously has got brain damage already defense. The guys the only one dumb enough to pretend to be from Queensland, and he was just trying to knock some sense into him - sadly it's about his only defense and he want to hope he gets a sympathetic NSW heavy judiciary panel.

I was thinking

2-3 weeks for the first one
5-6 weeks for the second

Not sure of his carry over points either

Yeah I think 6-8 is about right.

But as far as Inglis goes, if he's getting consistently up ended, he has to be contributing to it. No other player get "speared" as often.

Seven rounds and Richie will be the second player suspended for the same thing on the same player.

He was a bit more disciplined last year at the Storm, but he wasn't anywhere near as effective on either side of the ball. But to be honest, I think he's playing how Toovs wants him to play. Its go out and go as hard as you can until you can't do it anymore, unfortunately for Richie its the penalites which are killing him.

GI is getting speared more than any other player, and he is contributing to it, not because he's trying to get speared, but its just his power and body shape. Just trying to get him on his back when he is still pushing forward and he tips over. The refs could help out alot by calling held a lot earlier.

I can't make my mind up on Ritchie. He is aggressive but it is almost rocks and diamonds. For every good run or hit it seems there is a dropped ball, penalty or mistimed tackle that leaves a gaping hole in the middle.

I really want to like the bloke but Jesus.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4