Rick Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Sorry if this has been in another thread but when i searched it said there wasn't a thread called Rick Penn.

I was looking for some info to get an idea of what the Penn's are all about and how they came to be in the position they are.

This is what i found regarding Rick Penn, Pretty impressive resume in business and hopefully it will be beneficial to us. IF any of you could share anything else that you know about Rick, Scott, Heather or any of the others in the Penn family or what they are worth please add.

Richard Penn - After returning home to Australia in 1964 from completing his final years studies in England, Rick started the first half of his career in Advertising & Marketing with McCann Erickson, The Coca-Cola Export Corporation and J.Walter Thompson. It was in 1980 that Rick was so struck by the community impact of one of his clients, Weight Watchers, that he went into a joint venture and introduced Aerobics to Australia to broaden the membership appeal. It was not long before Rick was running Weight Watchers in a joint venture with the H.J. Heinz Company. Rick was appointed the inaugural President of the International Weight Watchers Franchisee Association. In 1999 when the H.J. Heinz Company decided to sell Weight Watchers worldwide, Rick was asked to take a lead role in the sale of the business in New York. Rick took up a position on the new World Board of Weight Watchers and later became Chairman of the Weight Watchers Dot Com Company based in New York. In 2005, after 25 years in the Industry, Rick retired from Weight Watchers and concentrated through his Penn Group of Companies on developing Sport and becoming active in Community Health. Rick has been passionate about the promotion and prevention of Bowel Cancer, being past Chairman and currently Patron of the Bowel Cancer Institute of Australia. He has been a Board Member of Save The Children (NSW) and has been inspired to create The Penn Foundation, which is actively involved with "Micro Finance" and "Medical Research".

Their business acumen is pretty hard to question. The fact it ever has been is really quite disappointing, they have accumulated wealth through clean tactics and good business from everything I have read and know

I think that resume conforms the evil intentions of the Penn family. It demonstrates that they have no interest in anything but money. (TIC)

Hamster Huey said:
Such a big connection with Weight Watchers, and it did nothing to help George Rose.

Over-rated...

Or Zorba. Guess he must bring his own food to the family gatherings

tookey said:
Hamster Huey said:
Such a big connection with Weight Watchers, and it did nothing to help George Rose.

Over-rated...

Or Zorba. Guess he must bring his own food to the family gatherings

Probably eats 3 meals before turning up ;)

They have been involved in many successful start-ups and their passion for Manly is unbridled. Yet we have people who were prepared to put all their faith in Quantum with its 0.2c share price and an operating loss of $4m last financial year?

Matabele said:
They have been involved in many successful start-ups and their passion for Manly is unbridled. Yet we have people who were prepared to put all their faith in Quantum with its 0.2c share price and an operating loss of $4m last financial year?

Were the bills paid? That's all we ask, whether by 'Quantum' or Phil himself.

Why do you think they were so hell bent on installing Perry and giving him a KPI of making a profit, often at the expense of on-field success? Perhaps because they didn't have the reserves to keep up their share of any loss? Have you read the recent Quantum Annual Report? A loss of $4m and turnover nearly 1/3rd of what it was 4 years ago. Hmmm....

"...expense of on-field success"

Not sure what team you've been following over the last few years, but the off-field finance decisions haven't appeared to hurt too much.

I get it; you're happy they're gone. But I'm yet to find a genuine reason for the animosity you're displaying. Bills were paid, team functioned on the field, finances/sponsorship/membership improved.

Not sure what else you expected...

Take a look at our injury record over the past five years and tell me short cuts weren't being taken in the medical and conditioning department.

Matabele said:
Take a look at our injury record over the past five years and tell me short cuts weren't being taken in the medical and conditioning department.

Our injury record is pretty bad with key players out for extended periods of time. Things that were reported as "minor" turned out to be weeks in supposed rehab.

With the Penns' now in complete control, another golden age is just beginning!!!

Matabele said:

Aging squad that played more games than most others in the competition, including finals, rep and WCC. Things eventually wear down and break, and there is little that prevent/fix it quickly. Even happened during the big Des spend-a-thon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6