Ricky Stuart resigns as Australian coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hope Des doesn't take the job. Would rather he kept his focus on Manly. And the Aussie job is a thankless position anyway. When Aus wins, you have to deal with people saying how boring it is that we win all the time, and that the international game is dying blah blah, when you lose you're hopeless, a disgrace to the nation, should resign etc.

F*ck that. Just keep winning comps for Manly Des.

Sticky took his time being 'classy' and it would be the first time in a long time. Meninga is interested in the job and he has done great work with the Maroons and not being a NRL coach would be who I would favour. I know Des would probably love the gig but it would be best if it was a non-aligned coach.

Agree Will, Just stick with Manly Dessie and smash Stuart's scum-filled crappo gummies.  Couldn't believe Fulton's rubbish in the Telegraph with the WITCHHUNT line.  Said Saint Bobby; "If it had been someone else in coaching would there have been this reaction"?  Durrr, YES.

Toupu will be sorry he joined the sharks now that he won't be guaranteed a spot in the test team.

I'm a NSW lad and all that and i'd have no probs with Mal taking QLD and the Test team.  Seriously, it's not like there are tests being played during the Origin period.  If you want a big name to coach then why not have one of the players announced in the team of the century? 

I don't know, i just think it's silly to name Des after 2GF appearances and 1 GF win.  I'm not saying he'd fail or anything, but i just think it's too early on.  He's harldy done any rep coaching.  But i'm just an armchair guy so i'd have no clue, only thoughts.

And Stuart is not getting out of this gracefully.  He wants to whine about some parts of the fine but won't because he needs to accept it...doesn't sound like he is.
And thank god we won't have to see his Shark lovechildren in the team.

Stuart was named after doing everything off the back of Phil Goulds coaching.

As much as I hate Gus, he was a stellar coach!

Mal should get the gig. I think they should make a rule of Non-NRL coaches getting the gig for both State of Origin and International.

It's always worked for QLD

I agree Dan, but the problem is that the nominal 16 best coaches are already at NRL clubs.

Mal has done a great job in large part because of the team he has surrounded himself with, most notably Neil Henry.

Having said that he (Meninga) should get a crack at the Aus job.

Give it to the super coach hero Bellamy, he can coach the storm, nsw and australia he is that good -  whoops sorry that was the bellamy pre 2008.  Maybe we have to give it to Mal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4