Ricky "Whinger" Stuart (lol@Parra)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Ricky just doesn't let up does he, I didn't watch the Parra Souff$ game but I saw his referee blasting on the t.v. When is he going to realise that the problem is Parramatta and nothing else. They are just a terrible club and the refs can't help that. He is getting the big dollars and he just deflects attention away from himself. At least with the player cleanout Parra will continue to contribute to the NRL in a positive way by providing players to decent clubs.
A review of their last few seasons are great for a laugh if you need one on a Monday with no footy:

2013 3/14 last place -181

2012 6/24 (9/38) last place -243

2011 6/24/1 (15/1/62) 3rd last -153

2010 10/24 (25/1/86) 12th -78

2009 12/24/1 8th +3 (3 finals wins 1 loss to storm +48)

2008 11/24 11th -46

since their last GF they are 25 wins and a draw from 86 games and -655 I don't know about you but that makes me smile.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
I saw the presser and think he was 200% on the Money re the refs and daniel Anderson.

I think you would find coaches like tooves and des would agree with what he says.

Seriously who wants 20 penalties in an 80 minute game

It's not just that he is just a bad coach, he works on trying to get the team up and motivated, which works for a short time, but is not a long time attainable method. He needs to work on structures and defense and giving the guys achievable goals in both the short and long term which will boost their confidence.

You do not instil confidence in players by putting their head on the chopping block, this just makes them resentful and give up

I did not see the Para game but heard his statements. I think he has a point (see recent posts around refereeing standards). Daniel Anderson listens and does nothing. I think something needs to be done.

His whinge was about the penalties other teams don't get pinged for, Souths are one that have got away with it all year and he was spot on.

We cop the same crap from the refs.

Its such a shame as the first 5 or 6 rounds they were going better but then when they started getting tired they have gone back to their old ways. Maybe its that they are too tired and missing heaps and just guessing the most likely outcome?

Yer I didn't see the game so not going to comment on that, however I do think the Refs are very inconsistent. I do however love to laugh at Parra and their supporters.

CAMBO said:
I saw the presser and think he was 200% on the Money re the refs and daniel Anderson.

I think you would find coaches like tooves and des would agree with what he says.

Seriously who wants 20 penalties in an 80 minute game

Rugby union apparently! They love a penalty. But unfortunatly teams are also playing for penalties more these days it would seem.

I don't rate Stuart as a good tactical coach, and his record shows that. He might consider himself a motivator of men, but his very intense style is mentally draining on players and can't be sustained. That's why he has never had long term success, he doesn't know how to coach for a whole season.

His style might work OK in the rep scene, where the talent of the player is a given and you only need to get them "up" for the game and run with a very basic tactical plan.

He also strikes me as a blame shifter, his current scapegoat is the playing roster at Parra. He will clean them out, "start fresh" and then still not have any success. Then he will move on, as he has done at Roosters and Cronulla. He is another Brian Smith.

I don't know what his overall club coaching record is, but he inherited a very good Roosters side that gifted him a premiership in his first year, and then he managed to lose the next 2 GF's. Since then it has been downhill.

Ricky has bastardised the team over there since he arrived. It is now showing on the field and also at NSW Cup...won 3 only of there last 11.

His clean out was very poorley handled and behind the scenes it is getting very ugly and personal.

Bye Bye Ricky will be next...players dont want to go over there and be coached by him

Once again Stuart is 100% correct, as he was earlier in the season, but most prefer to play the man rather than the issue

Good on him for saying what plenty on here have been saying week after week in a number of topics

Ricky is correct - Souffs were helped by the refs yesterday. But he doesn't have to wait long before Parra wins a penalty count. They play us in a couple of weeks.

parra were crap yesterday but the refs were more crap. Love him or hate him ricky was correct in what he said. If he could afford another fine he would have elaborated with even more hard hitting truth about how the refs and daniel anderson are totally favoring some teams, souffs being top of that list

Ha ha it cost him $15k for yesterday's rant.

$25k cost this year for stating the obvious. No wonder his team are coming last

Don't need to be Nostradamus to figure out that he will struggle to get any decent big name players sign up to play under him.

His defeatist attitude all year sucks. He should be doing the best he can with the squad he has and not make any negative comments about his players. The way he handled recent discussions with players not wanted was disgraceful.

Flanagan did a much better job with basically the same squad after he took over Cronulla.

Ricky is a crap coach, only a matter of time before Parra wake up to that fact.

MissKate said:
parra were crap yesterday but the refs were more crap. Love him or hate him ricky was correct in what he said. If he could afford another fine he would have elaborated with even more hard hitting truth about how the refs and daniel anderson are totally favoring some teams, souffs being top of that list

Spot on MissKate. For all his rants he has a point. The refs this year are crap. Would love to see a game where the players decide who win. Not the refs with all the penalties.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4