"Ridiculous Decision"- Brandy on Forans No Try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyone else watch the game on Fox, interesting to hear the commentators. Daley even thought it was a try even though he had been talking the Warriors up for previous 10 minutes.

Brandy went off and Warren Smith was almost as vocal.

Daley had a horn and almost uncoupled when DCE struggled to get that kick way on the 5th tackle around the 67 minute mark.

That is because it should have been awarded a try. There was one angle which showed a small gap from his fingers to the ball, but only on one hand. The other hand looked to be in contact, so BOD at worst?

Look at it this way. We got the ball back via the line drop-out and went on to score one of the great GF tries, in that set of six.

I gotta be honest and say i thought the right call was made. I have only watched it severely hung over though, and i reserve the right to change my mind when I see it again with a clear head :p

Foran's right hand stayed in contact with the ball. Only his left hand may have come away from the ball for a split second. His right hand was obscured by a set of legs on the last camera angle. Should have been BOD in any game. Crap call.

Did it look like a try in normal motion? Hell YES.
Then it is a try.

Geeze, they allowed that Ben Barber effort a few weeks back and raved about it being the try of the year, when there was no way it looked like a try in normal speed.

I agree .. I have a rule that if it looks like a try it is a try.. that looked like a try. I realise something have to be looked at closely but u can find too many reason not to award a try

Interesting that CH 9 commentators thought the right call was made whereas Brandy & Co thought it was a try.
Two video refs? Why not have three? Majority wins.
It seems to be that if you bobble a put down in goal that it is a knock on whether it goes forward or not.

It just went with the territory. How many tries have we lost through the video idiots. More than any other club I'd wager.

You couldn't tell if there was full separation on the left hand and you never got a good view of the right hand - I was surprised they made such a quick decision. I wonder if they will put out a ref's view report today.

I reckon if the exact same try was scored and awarded against us everyone would be blowing up.

Brookvale said:
the hoppa flick pass to gift was sensational.

best GF try i've seen in years

All four Manly tries are great tries. I like the first one the best.

WAMF said:
Foran's right hand stayed in contact with the ball. Only his left hand may have come away from the ball for a split second. His right hand was obscured by a set of legs on the last camera angle. Should have been BOD in any game. Crap call.

Agree have watched it several times and Foran's right hand stays in contact with the ball all the time. Left hand comes off for a split second but not the right.

But these things should be judged in real time as many commentators often say.

Slow motion can be deceptive - in slow mo Brett appears to drop his first try as he slams it down fast

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4