Riley Travers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Firstly, let me apologise for discussing actual Rugby League related things here.

One of the things i was really looking forward to on Saturday, was watching Travers play. Anyone know if he was injured?

That being said, I thought both halves in the NYC played really well.

Secondly, don't know if anyone watched reggies, but the Kiwi commentators, along with Vave post match alluded to the potential of Manaia Rudolph in first grade next season.

I have spoken to quite a few people, and read here and there from people that our 5/8 is already in our ranks?

If our 5/8 was to come from within, who do people think that may be? I thought Rudolphs defense was very suspect.

Still personally think we should move Lyon to 5/8 to squeeze either Gutherson or Trbojevic into that star studded backline Barrett will have at his disposal next season.

Anyone catch that NYC 1/2 back? Tall / lean / creative / hit the line...looked good as well.

Anyway, I'm still in with Lyon at 5/8.

If Ballin stays ,don't forget Api can play 5/8 ,Out of the four times he played 5/8 this year ,he did beat Manly twice (which doesn't really say much )..And that was partnering Isaac John & Jamie Soward.He may be handy with an ace like Dce partnering him...

Penrith has definitely been missing his defence & have taken a slide when he is not on the paddock .He defends just like Ballin .The two of them together could easily take 80-100 tackles in the middle of the park.

Just a thought ,but the more options we have the better..

Last edited:
Firstly, let me apologise for discussing actual Rugby League related things here.

One of the things i was really looking forward to on Saturday, was watching Travers play. Anyone know if he was injured?

Secondly, don't know if anyone watched reggies, but the Kiwi commentators, along with Vave post match alluded to the potential of Manaia Rudolph in first grade next season.

I have spoken to quite a few people, and read here and there from people that our 5/8 is already in our ranks?

If our 5/8 was to come from within, who do people think that may be? I thought Rudolphs defense was very suspect.

Still personally think we should move Lyon to 5/8 to squeeze either Gutherson or Trbojevic into that star studded backline Barrett will have at his disposal next season.

Anyone catch that NYC 1/2 back? Tall / lean / creative / hit the line...looked good as well.

He is out for four to six .knee

Good point Ryan. You say we already have our next first grade 5/8 within our ranks.....
Perhaps we also have - and they don;t recognise it yet - our future first grade coach in that same Under 20s?
The coach has done a great job with that team this season. His players show flair and determination. Anyone know more about him?

Good point Ryan. You say we already have our next first grade 5/8 within our ranks.....
Perhaps we also have - and they don;t recognise it yet - our future first grade coach in that same Under 20s?
The coach has done a great job with that team this season. His players show flair and determination. Anyone know more about him?
Heath is a teacher at St Aloysius College, interesting its a strict rugby school when it comes to league. Lives locally.

Nico Hynes was the halfbacks name he was solid as was Pearsell who kicks goals at 5/8 and captained the side. Lyon does not like playing 5/8 and as captain dont think he will do it.

If anyone is looking for talent from within in our juniors its Turbo for me. He should have had 5 tries in the same game and simply cannot be hed back any further.

I have been hammered for suggesting it but its snake to 5/8 for me. Last time i checked he was top ten in nrl for try assists this season most of them are down the left. His passing game is sublime best hands in the comp. He has added an arsenal of perfectly timed kicks and chases and is finding the line more than ever in attack.

Imagine the speed of Turbo, the lines of Shoulders and rhino like Jorge down the line off snake who would obviously have defences worried about him as well due to his own speed.

He would mentor Turbo even further at the back. I am happy to be proven wrong but snake has 3 years there for me.

The bonus is we will have an upgrade from arm grabber foran in defence. Can his body handle it well its worth the risk for me.

Last edited:
Nico Hynes was the halfbacks name he was solid as was Pearsell who kicks goals at 5/8 and captained the side. Lyon does not like playing 5/8 and as captain dont think he will do it.

If anyone is looking for talent from within in our juniors its Turbo for me. He should have had 5 tries in the same game and simply cannot be hed back any further.

I have been hammered for suggesting it but its snake to 5/8 for me. Last time i checked he was top ten in nrl for try assists this season most of them are down the left. His passing game is sublime best hands in the comp. He has added an arsenal of perfectly timed kicks and chases and is finding the line more than ever in attack.

Imagine the speed of Turbo, the lines of Shoulders and rhino like Jorge down the line off snake who would obviously have defences worried about him as well due to his own speed.

He would mentor Turbo even further at the back. I am happy to be proven wrong but snake has 3 years there for me.

The bonus is we will have an upgrade from arm grabber foran in defence. Can his body handle it well its worth the risk for me.
I love Snake and I reckon he'd do well at 5/8 but I think he offers much more at fullback than he would at 5/8 because of his terrific defence at the back which quite frankly is something we need and the fact that he chimes in to the attack when he wants to. He's not someone who likes to run the ball himself or come up with something every set. I think keep Snake at FB, Turbo at the wing with Hiku/Lyon at centre and Lyon/Pearsall/Travers at 5/8.

Whoever plays 5/8, I hope we choose them locally as we do have quite some talent within our ranks. It gives our reserve graders and under-20s incentive to work for a spot rather than concede it to an outsider.

I agree we look internally first, as I think both the long term and short term solution is there.

Lyon to 5/8 next year with Gutherson to centre and Tom T on the wing (for Hiku). Travers to play 5/8 in NSW Cup and fill in for DCE during Origin, then slot into 5/8 when Lyon retires. If he's not progressing as hoped next year then look externally after that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4