• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m absolutely gutted. Struggling to come to terms with it tbh. It’s feels like when Steve Irwin died. @:cry:@:cry:@:cry:

Two legends gone in two days. Unbelievable.

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/84ecd92c15609eeadfb36dfdf849a11c
1646407686184.png

Last edited:
shocking. (can have it's own thread btw if wanted)

Can't really believe it. 52 and straight after Marsh. what a tough couple of days for cricket.

condolences to their families.

wow
Probably needs its own thread. Can a mod sort that out pls?

Screenshot_20220304-144156_Facebook.jpg

Had the pleasure to work closely with Warnie back in 2010 over a number of months.

I met him on a Thursday afternoon in a West London Hotel just before we set off on a 2 week filming job for the 2010 ashes series. Larger than life character just as the stories all tell but also a pretty normal bloke when away from the spotlight.

Just after we met and he had to shoot his Executive producer ( who was effectively a glorified chaperone ) pulled me aside and said that a huge story was going to be published on Sunday and just to be on guard.

Well he didn't lie come Sunday morning the first 7 pages of the 'news of the world' had Warne and Liz Hurley plastered all over it. I even got a mention on page 5 as ' Warne met 2 unidentified men in reception on Friday morning and they went to Lords, Buckingham Palace and the Oval' (we were being followed everywhere could you believe it)......

We rolled up to the front gates of Lords and the security guards piled out to wave me away in my dark blue station wagon before Shane wound down the back window and said ' Hey fellas, is it OK we come in?' Well you have never seen the mood change so quickly and in we went.

After that we met Darren Gough(one of England's best ever bowlers) in front of Buckingham Palace for a quick pretend game of cricket. Royal guards were very confused. Even talked a cop into cuffing Warnie and Gough like they had been arrested for disturbing her Maj. Everyone absolutely loved the guy.

One interesting point was how much **** he got from so many in the street just having a laugh or a dig. While in the UK he had his shutters Well and truly down and just laughed it off.

We went to Italy a few days later to do a shoot with Sting at his sell out concert and the moment we landed he was a different bloke. Open, chatty and friendly because nobody knew who the hell he was.

In closing you can only surmise you either loved or loathed him. I'm sure he had his moments but for me at that very point in time he was a pretty good bloke. A lad that had as much fun as possible in the circumstances he was in.

RIP 🙏 Shane Keith Warne.

SK Warne. Legend.

In sport the best want the ball in their hands when the games is on the line. Warney was the best of the best.

That Ashes series in England where the Barmy Army where singing, "Warney where has your mises gone? Far Far Away."

The front page of the UK paper had some bird saying she kept him awake all night, shagging, tiring him out to help England's cause.

Where most would fall apart. Warney just played even better.

His greatest moment though in my eyes. Probably that one day world cup final. Pure leadership, he just knew he needed to lift the belief of his team mates, he single handedly done so with his carry on after his first wicket. And then done it over and over and over. He didn't just get the team back into a position to win, he dragged that teams spirit so high they just fell over the line.

His mental strength and guile, a true sporting genius.

RIP legend.

View attachment 20481

Had the pleasure to work closely with Warnie back in 2010 over a number of months.

I met him on a Thursday afternoon in a West London Hotel just before we set off on a 2 week filming job for the 2010 ashes series. Larger than life character just as the stories all tell but also a pretty normal bloke when away from the spotlight.

Just after we met and he had to shoot his Executive producer ( who was effectively a glorified chaperone ) pulled me aside and said that a huge story was going to be published on Sunday and just to be on guard.

Well he didn't lie come Sunday morning the first 7 pages of the 'news of the world' had Warne and Liz Hurley plastered all over it. I even got a mention on page 5 as ' Warne met 2 unidentified men in reception on Friday morning and they went to Lords, Buckingham Palace and the Oval' (we were being followed everywhere could you believe it)......

We rolled up to the front gates of Lords and the security guards piled out to wave me away in my dark blue station wagon before Shane wound down the back window and said ' Hey fellas, is it OK we come in?' Well you have never seen the mood change so quickly and in we went.

After that we met Darren Gough(one of England's best ever bowlers) in front of Buckingham Palace for a quick pretend game of cricket. Royal guards were very confused. Even talked a cop into cuffing Warnie and Gough like they had been arrested for disturbing her Maj. Everyone absolutely loved the guy.

One interesting point was how much **** he got from so many in the street just having a laugh or a dig. While in the UK he had his shutters Well and truly down and just laughed it off.

We went to Italy a few days later to do a shoot with Sting at his sell out concert and the moment we landed he was a different bloke. Open, chatty and friendly because nobody knew who the hell he was.

In closing you can only surmise you either loved or loathed him. I'm sure he had his moments but for me at that very point in time he was a pretty good bloke. A lad that had as much fun as possible in the circumstances he was in.

RIP 🙏 Shane Keith Warne.
I though that was Joe the camera man with Warnie at first!

Long Live The King.

Unbelievable. Greatest cricketer Austraia has produced this generation. Hard to accept he is gone.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4