Ripping out the fabric of the game.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
There is no doubt now that the lunatics who run our game have shown their hand.

Four quarter football is on the agenda. All so that Nein and Fox can cash in with tv advertising. Yet another sell out.

The game has survived over 100 years with 2 x 40 minute halves. This idea is a bad one and again puts the fans last.

LEAVE THE GAME ALONE!!!

I really hope we get some much needed change at the top cause our game is under threat by the inept leadership we now see.

Getting John Buchancan on board is very dangerous

The guy is a fruit loop that always wants to try radical things and reinvent the wheel

How dumb are these guys? If they want to kill the game four quarter football is just the ticket. The fans would leave in droves. Whatever they're getting paid by the NRL must be a pittance compared to what the other codes are paying them.

So they want to reduce the interchange but add in another 2 longer breaks?

The tragedy is that the people running the game don't seem to understand the strong bargaining position they are in. Murdoch set up a whole competition at great expense because he knew he needed RL to make Foxtel work, yet there seems to be a general acceptance from the leaders of our game that it is necessary to let TV dictate everything from scheduling to how the game is played. Sad sad times...

Nine and Fox are behind these suggestions as they want more ads during games.

Turn the NRL into gridiron style games

If you all get a chance to. Read Greenturds explanation as to why the NRL draw is so late and the specific reasons on nrl.com.au this morning.

This is why we are in big trouble. Total prisoners to Nein and Murdoch.

With Greenberg in power, it's R.I.P. rugby league.
The history books will be re-written as far as record scores, points scored in a season, etc.
The change in value of a try from 3 points to 4 enabled the 2008 Manly side to record the highest GF winning margin of all time. Adding twenty extra minutes to each match will see records tumble very quickly. The AFL must seriously sit back and laugh at how the NRL is run. It's getting to the embarrassing stage.

Yeah the American model is great - take a 60 minute football game and stretch it out over 3 hours. That's why soccer is becoming more popular in the US. Because its 90 minutes plus change for breaks and stoppage time but the commitment is at least a full hour of your life back.

These guys running the game here are idiots but it looks like the backlash from clubs is slowly brewing and Smith and Greenturd will get the punt soon enough...

Splitting the game into 4 quarters is one of the dumbest ideas ive heard in a long time. its about time the clubs started a revolt on the idiotship in control.

Part of the appeal that NRL has is its fast nature nature which keeps you entertained.

Just look at the super rugby, its a stop/start penalty fest and crowd numbers and viewership in recent years have been poor (to be fair, the wallabies doing poorly hasnt helped either, but i find that chicken/egg).

The 2018 rule change where the game is stopped when the opposition gets the ball and the teams can change from offensive to defensive and visa versa is the one that worries me the most.

MadMarcus said:
The tragedy is that the people running the game don't seem to understand the strong bargaining position they are in. Murdoch set up a whole competition at great expense because he knew he needed RL to make Foxtel work, yet there seems to be a general acceptance from the leaders of our game that it is necessary to let TV dictate everything from scheduling to how the game is played. Sad sad times...

I've brought this point up before.

Rugby league (like cricket, MTV, soccer, golf and other top-shelf forms of entertainment )
don't need Fox or Nine.

F&ck them right up the ass and create your own NRL / League channel.

It would be extremely successful, because that's all anyone buys Fox for and without league, Fox and 9 go broke.

Don't let the door hit u on the ass on the way out, douse-bags.

NRL Leadership nobs;

1. Don't touch the game

2. 2 x 40-minute halves

3. Either limit interchange to 6 or maybe
go back to to 4 "Reserves" on the bench
(not interchange style). Once you come off, you stay off.

I'm not fussed on 100 minutes of footy but I would like to see the ball in play for as close to 80 minutes as possible. Stop the clock when the balls goes out of play for scrums, taps & drop outs. For kicks at goal the clock can also stop as well as for player replacements.

Frogz said:
Imagine what time the stupid 4pm Sunday kick game off will finish now.

Will still finish @ 6pm for the news, so kick off 2;30pm.

On the downside, Fox have to show 2 games back to back, so 2nd sunday game (allowing 20mins intro after the news)- kick off 6;50pm & finish about 10;30pm sun nite.

Mums & dads n kids should be home intime for 90 minutes sleep b4 work/school mon morning.

D$ckheads.

pub or club-2 hours of footy-club or pub.

I don't want to see a f#$@ing band at half time and want the action flowing.

Less interchange-more contested scrums (as in the damn rule book)-less wrestle and slow down of the ruck!!!

Is that too hard for the nongs running our game now...

The recent Four Nations showed the blueprint for attractive RL.
1. Revert to one referee
2. Play matches in daylight hours
3. Reduce the number of penalties for minor issues

Now, if the NRL wanted to improve the game further they could also:
1. Minimise the influence of the video ref. Better still, get rid of it completely.
2. Call time-off when the ball is not in play, and for goal kicks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6