Ritchie Fa'aoso Signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
kurri eagle said:
mwse.com.au

ya can't trust those buggers, they're so anti- manly it's criminal!

Good buy - hope he goes well.

28 years young, almost luke lewis' age.

like it, a real goer, A bit lightweight as a prop, but with much talk about reducing Interchange in the future it may be a great buy. Tough and mobile,

globaleagle said:
kurri eagle said:
mwse.com.au

ya can't trust those buggers, they're so anti- manly it's criminal!

Good buy - hope he goes well.

28 years young, almost luke lewis' age.

Yeah i was worried about the source but i thought i'd take a punt and hope they were right.

Haven't seen much of him but we have a good record at picking up lower tier players and bringing the best out of them. I wonder why Bennett wanted him out of Newcastle?

Richie rips in, no doubt about that. He's got a touch of the Choc's about him, in that he can't catch and gets a bit "blue arsed" at times, but like Choc, you couldn't question his commitment and heart.

I think he'll go alright, we've done well with no frills forwards in the past punching above their weight in the maroon and white....he may well be another Hally.

The Who said:
TonganEagle said:
Good, think he's a strong reliable player. Plus he's Tongan.

Does that mean he's available to play for Queensland?

Ummm, he WAS born in QLD - just saying.
Awesome pick up, and cop THAT NRL - we can still acquire good players !

Rampaging prop Richie Fa’aoso will wear the maroon and white from next season, signing a two-year deal with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
The 28-year-old, who’s currently playing for the Melbourne Storm, said he’s looking forward to making the northern beaches his home.
“I'm honoured that such a great club as Manly has given me an opportunity to continue my NRL career,” Fa’aoso said.
“I'm looking forward to the challenge of establishing myself within such a strong team.”
Coach Geoff Toovey said Fa’aoso will be a great boost to the Sea Eagles forward pack.
“Richie will be a strong addition to the team next year and provide some extra depth for us,” Toovey said.
“He’s a talented footballer with great impact and we’re excited to have him onboard.”
Fa’aoso has played 131 first grade games since his debut for Penrith in 2004 and five Tests for Tonga.

00035294-leadimage.jpg

Also, Bennett wanted him pretty badly this year. I reckon Bennett is a pretty good judge of character and ability.

Certainly a journeyman.
He's played at -
Penrith Panthers
Sydney Roosters
Castleford Tigers
Parramatta Eels,
Newcastle Knights
Melbourne Storm
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (7th club in 8 yrs)

I'm sure he wasn't signed on big money but I'm sure he'll be fired up ready to impress at Manly.

Ryan said:
Also, Bennett wanted him pretty badly this year. I reckon Bennett is a pretty good judge of character and ability.

Yep. No-one can argue that players under Bellamy improve and are disciplined. That's good enough for me.
Welcome Richard. Just don't do us any harm when we meet Melbourne in the grand final this year.

A journeyman but that can happen to some players who take time to find their feet at another club. That Bellyache wanted him says something. Yep he's Tongan and very religious I've been informed, which will mean Kite (Tongan) and Joe (Kiwi) will likely have a big influence on his culture at the Sea Eagles (maybe what he's missed). Another in the Joe mould. Some highlights here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZr7yGrzjUY.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2