RL World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Apparently Bunji has made himself unavailable after being left out of the train on squad! lol. Foz was captain last time and played great and if their forwards get a role on him and Johnston could be a good combo for them. Foz and Shaun Johnson could form a good 1/2- 5/8 combo for them for the next few years.

Watch NZ go without that hack in the team. Johnston and Foran are as good as anything we can put on the field.

He's been holding that team back for years.

Johnson is ordinary at times

Id hardly say Marshall was holding us back winning a world cup and a 4 nations title

Sky Sports News in the UK is saying he made himself unavailable to concentrate on Union. Sydney media is saying he wasnt picked due to poor form. Which one is it then?

It's easier to make yourself unavailable once you haven't been picked. I probably won't even bother watching now. Rugby union requires total concentration, and the ability to conceal your yawns from team mates.

Manly will have players in Oz, Nz, Tonga, Samoa, France, Ireland :angel:

Jorge qualifies for 3, wonder if he will go for Oz?

Should be an event filled off-season

My Kiwi side

1. Locke/Hoffman
2. Vatuvai
3. SKD
4. Mannering(c)
5. Perrett
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. JWH
9. Luke
10. Matalino
11. Proctor
12. Horo
13. Harris - Pending on SBW's decision

14. Packer
15. Bromwich
16. Leulai
17. If SBW stays Harris onto the bench

eagles2win said:
My Kiwi side

1. Locke/Hoffman
2. Vatuvai
3. SKD
4. Mannering(c)
5. Perrett
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. JWH
9. Luke
10. Matalino
11. Proctor
12. Horo

14. Packer
15. Bromwich
16. Leulai

Good forwards, good half and five-eight, but then the quality suffers when compared to the Australian centres, winger and fullback

eagles2win said:
My Kiwi side

1. Locke/Hoffman
2. Vatuvai
3. SKD
4. Mannering(c)
5. Perrett
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. JWH
9. Luke
10. Matalino
11. Proctor
12. Horo

14. Packer
15. Bromwich
16. Leulai

Hoffman a mile ahead of Locke and will get that spot

SKD shouldn't be near a centre spot, Inu and Goodwin should be ahead of him, Nightingale is a favourite on the wing as well and I expect him to be above Perrett

Jeremy Smith is another certainty in the pack if fit, Packer will be behind McKendry, had a pretty ordinary year, would probably guess Elijah Taylor may be ahead of Harris in the pack as well

It's the make up of the Azzuri that's I'm waiting for.
Containing the likes of Gower(not ours), Campese, Laffrenchi, Mauro, the Mini brothers etc.

Biggest disappointment is the idiotic move by Blake Ferguson imho had Hodges even been fit he would've taken his spot if he kept his nose clean, played good footy. Given the Furner's standing within the ARL I'll bet he'll never play for Australia. Also might've met that Jennings and Hayne would've played for Tonga and Fiji.

To me the World Cup has never really been about the big 3 - Australia, New Zealand and England but the 2nd tier nations and minnows.

2nd tier nations - France, Wales, PNG

minnows - the rest, I count Tonga, Samoa, Fiji etc in this because unlike the European Countries don't play tests every year.

The Island nations traditionally struggle in the Northern Hemisphere.
I also think the Scots will be the surprise packets of this tourny - like Irland and Fiji were in 2008.

While people will complain about players switching Countries but the rules are the same in other codes of sport.

Would love to see at the next World Cup this : Emerging Nations Trophy (next 12 best) - winner gets automatic selection into the next World Cup.

Is Steve Matai in contention for either NZ or Samoa? If the Kiwis are serious about retaining their title then he's got to be a leading candidate for a centre spot, though he hasn't played for them since the 2010 ANZAC test.

Or has Stevie done a Lyon and retired from rep footy?

HoldenV8 said:
Is Steve Matai in contention for either NZ or Samoa? If the Kiwis are serious about retaining their title then he's got to be a leading candidate for a centre spot, though he hasn't played for them since the 2010 ANZAC test.

Stevie got tired of being snubbed by kiwis and declared himself available for Samoa. Good luck to him.

Sheikheagle said:
HoldenV8 said:

Stevie got tired of being snubbed by kiwis and declared himself available for Samoa. Good luck to him.
Ah Kearney... Isn't he doing well as Brisbane's defensive coach these days.

Italian Squad

Carlo Napolitano : Head coach

1. Christophe Calegari : Lezignan Corbieres,
2. Terry Campese: Canberra Raiders.
3. Gioele Celerino : North west roosters.
4. Chris Centrone : North Sydney Bears
5. Fabrizio Ciaurro : Tirreno sharks.
6. Cameron Ciraldo: (World Cup vice-captain) – Penrith Panthers
7. Ben Falcone: South’s Logan Magpies.
8. Sam Gardel : South’s Logan Magpies.
9. Aidan Guerra: Sydney Roosters.
10. Ryan Ghetti : Northern Pride.
11. Craig Gower: Newcastle Knights
12. Gavin Hiscox: Central Capras
13. Anthony laffranchi : St Helens.
14. Vic Mauro : Salford Reds…
15. *Anthony Minichiello: ( World Cup captain ) : Sydney Roosters.
16. Mark Minichiello: Gold Coast Titans.
17. Joshua Mantellato : Newcastle knights.
18. Dean Parata : Parramatta EELS.
19. Joel Riethmuller : North Queensland cowboys.
20. Brendon Santi: West tigers.
21. Jason Staltonstall: Warrington wolves
22. James Tedesco: West Tigers.
23. Ryan Tramonte: Windsor wolves.
24. Paul Vaughan: Canberra Raiders.

Shadow Players
25. Remi Fontana Carpentras
26. Jonathon Marcinczak Racing Club Albi
27. Tim McCann Tweed heads.
28. Ben Mussolino Manly sea eagles
29. Nathan Milone West tigers
30. Dominic Nasso Manly sea eagles
31. Ray Nasso Avignon XIII
32. Cedric Prizzon Villefrache en Rouergue.
33. Ben Stewart Windsor wolves
34. Dennis Tomarchio Canberra Raiders..
35. Luke Vescio Parramatta eels

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4